• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TWD Season 7

arbnranger

58 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Dont even care if they convinced Vince Gilligan to come on board.  I ain't watching even the trailers.

They got 7 seasons worth of my time but no mas.

Judging by the trailer you are making the right decision. I'm going down with this ship though.

3 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Dont even care if they convinced Vince Gilligan to come on board.  I ain't watching even the trailers.

They got 7 seasons worth of my time but no mas.

I'm done too.  

If for some chance people are posting a year from now OMG TWD is the shizzle!....I would consider going back and watching it after the fact.  About a 1% chance of that IMO.  There will be plenty of football to watch instead 

Trailer showed a whole lot of filler. They're playing it tighter than normal. Very dull trailer until the last bit. The time jump will be interesting.

The show has a history of dragging out plot points. The farm, the prison/Woodbury, the road to Terminus/the show's version of The Hunters, establishing Alexandria and the setup for what will be All Out War (the actual war with Negan and the Saviors). 

I thought for sure they'd drag All Out War out over this season and have the conclusion be season 9's midseason finale (just based on how they've done this in the past). Perhaps they've learned that giving THAT much time for plot points is a turnoff for a standard cable TV show. 

If they do this show correctly from the start, we'd be beyond where we are. The first season was fine. The farm should have been played out in a half season. The journey to the prison should have been a half season where we actually meet a couple of characters (Tyreese, namely). Season 3 should have been half establishing the prison and how that works and introducing The Governor. The back-half should have been what took a full season to get to with the Governor attacking. Season 4 should have been half fallout from the prison, The Hunters midseason cliffhanger, then the back-half being that part concluding and getting to Alexandria. Season 5 should have been half setup of Rick eventually taking over Alexandria, then introducing Negan. Then the back-half being establishing Hilltop/Kingdom and the growing feud with Negan that culminates in what season 7 was: the setup to All Out War. Season 6 should have been all out war. Season 7 is the fallout. 

A big part of them not pushing the story in this way, I'm sure, is not wanting to surpass Kirkman's comics in the story. But at this point, after this season, the show will be almost caught up with the comic. A half season of setup for the next big obstacle and a half season of that playing out in season 9 and by then, they'd be about 20 issues behind Kirkman. The show has to be coming to a halt.

This show will go one of two ways. Either this is the series finale and it ends with the time-lapse and the hope of rebuilding .OR, season 9 is the absolute end of the line. I can't see this show going 10 seasons at this rate.

Archived