• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots gonna Patriots...

Catufb85

4 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

HAHAHA, oh please on wonderful mods move this to the Forum nobody looks at.  Please, and let that douche 15 comment on it too.

Don't laugh too much.  It makes perfect sense.  However, we haven't developed enough core to be able to do that.  We will one day.

4 hours ago, Major wRecktum said:

Not really, Josh wasn't worth the tag, just like Collins.  For us to have gotten any "value" out of Norman, we would have needed to unload him during the season last year and that would not only have been stupid, it would have enraged the fan base.  Belichick wasn't going to pay big money for Collins, DG wasn't going to pay Josh the kind of money he wanted.  The end result for the team was the same, no Collins/Norman.  But most people give props to the way Belichick handles business.  I'm sure there are many personnel moves that he makes that upsets the fans, but on balance, they continue to win so they don't get too bent out of shape.  And the point I was making is that for those that think it was silly of the Pats to deal a top LB in the middle of a good season, the only option they would have is to let him play out the year and let him walk with only the comp pick.  Which is what we did, and DG gets blasted for essentially making that choice.  

Panthers are not the Pats, Pats are 90% guaranteed to be in the AFC championship game every year, they have a proven system in place that allows them to do things like this, we on the other hand need all the talent or edge we can get. Keeping Norman for at least another season was the best thing to do and it clearly showed the first 5 games, Pats make a move like that they know for sure they can cover up the hole.

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

Oh Jesus, the Pats aren't perfect. They have a backup CB and a 3rd round pick in next year's draft for two guys who made the pro-bowl last year with almost 20 combined sacks. They are a favorite this year because their AFC competition is Derek Carr, Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler, Andrew (always overrated) Luck, Rex Ryan, Alex Smith, a hurt Big Ben, Flacco and Mariota.

There are more talented QBs in the NFC South than the entire AFC outside of the Pats.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

How many superbowls and playoff appearances they have since 2002 again?  I think they know what they are doing. 

Archived