• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 Cap expected to increase by roughly 10 Million next year

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Good luck on that. Expect Gettleman to carry over the money to his new plan of signing Thompson, Funchess, Butler, and Bradberry long term going in to the 2019 season.

This will be the excuse some use in here if we don't spend, and go into next season like we did this one. 

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I know people want Berry and JPP, but I don't see those guys even getting to FA. Also, Staley and Thomas have been discussed and those teams have said they weren't available. Given that both teams may select 1st round QBs or trade foor them, I can't imagine they'll give up their LTs now.

Alshon? I think we have to look at guys who will actually be available, i.e. not the franchise guys who will be resigned or potentially franchised. Some CBs, like Prince Amukamara who isn't going to command ridiculous money. I know people would flip a poo with Norman, but Gilmore might command $10-12M per year and he's 3 years younger than Norman or 2 years younger when signing his extension. Pretty big difference being 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 in a 5 year deal instead of 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33. Tony Jefferson at SS? Matt Kalil could be a really cheap addition as his grades are awful and have been for a couple years. That said, he was a 1st round pick and had a couple good years, so seeing as how their OTs are terrible, maybe their OL coaching isn't particularly good. Again, based on his grading, he should be cheap.

IF, for arguments sake, those PATHETIC teams aren't willing to part with their LT's for future assets, then yet another option is to call Arizona up for Veldheer.  Many wanted him instead of tagging Hardy, but the fact is they invested a 1st in Humphries who was AWFUL as AWFUL could be at RT, but is much more serviceable in his natural LT position since Veldheer has been hurt.  They could also use additional assets and a salary dump.  Sure, they'd not want to help a conference nemesis but we likely won't play them over the next 2 years (the rest of his deal) and perhaps a win/win could be found.  Again, the point is that a LT not named Matt Kalil because he's cheap, must be found.  Turn over ALL possible RELIABLE rocks.  No excuses.  This is Cam's health at stake.

Archived