• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just stopped by to say...

iamhubby1

37 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If someone wants to put that "we'll get em' next year" spin on this while we waste another year of Cam/Luke in their prime, okay, that's their perogative. But not everyone is willing to accept that anymore, and there is nothing wrong with that. We need more of it honestly.

What other option is there?

Unless you have a time machine that you can use to go back and change what happened this year, the only real choices you have are either hoping for better things next year or finding another team to cheer for.

You want to have a b--ch fest here?  Feel free, but I'll give you three guesses how much actual good it'll accomplish.

34 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Again, that's the problem. There's always optimism going forward and good times ahead. You just get tired of the same old script by the same director. 

Boy that optimism sure is a terrible thing, huh?

We should all just choose to be miserable instead! That'll show 'em!

44 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well, to be honest, we did just come off 3 straight Playoff appearances. So it's not like we are climbing our way out of the gutter around here.

True but sanwhiched between those two good season is another year we started 3-8, only won 7 games and made the playoffs because league rules state somebody from each division must go. 

25 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

True but sanwhiched between those two good season is another year we started 3-8, only won 7 games and made the playoffs because league rules state somebody from each division must go. 

That season is another one of those perspective seasons. You see a team that played badly enough to miss the Playoffs, but got lucky and made it anyway. Sooo, you downplay the record because you feel they didn't deserve the Playoff birth.

I see it as a team that didn't quit, and was rewarded for their efforts with a Playoff berth. It was not their fault the NFCS was in a shambles that year.

10-15 years from now, no one will care how we won the Division in 14. Only that we had a 3 year run of Divisional supremacy.

I mean, I get it. This year just sucked all the good vibes that had been building up since 12. I, and a few others, are willing to accept one pot hole on the road to what we hope will continue being a remarkable run up here in Panther Land. While others may be fearing that history will rear its ugly head again, and we will plummet back down to mediocrity.

Only time will tell who is right. But until the future comes. I am going to believe it is going to be spectacular. Ok, maybe not spectacular, but pretty dang good anywho.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What other option is there?

Unless you have a time machine that you can use to go back and change what happened this year, the only real choices you have are either hoping for better things next year or finding another team to cheer for.

You want to have a b--ch fest here?  Feel free, but I'll give you three guesses how much actual good it'll accomplish.

I'm still a fan, I'm not going anywhere.

We all come here to vent.  

Frankly your holier than thou aw shucks shtick is nauseating. Give it a rest 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

To me, it is how folks vent, more than just the venting itself. I really have no problem with folks venting, this year has pretty much assured there is plenty to vent about.

But dang man, some of the posters have gone over the edge. It isn't so much the venting in and of itself. It is how they attack others who aren't willing to throw the team under the bus. Don't bash Gman, and you are a nuthugger. Don't bash Rivera, or Shula, and you are bending over and taking it where the sun don't shine.

I know frustrations around here are high. But there really is no reason for the bad language, name calling, or personal attacks. I am finding it harder and harder to find a thread to post in that doesn't get derailed into a bash someone thread. And I am pleasantly surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has.

This year sux to be sure. And folks have every right to be frustrated. But man, there is no reason to take everyone down as well. Some of us still see a bright future. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

25 minutes ago, TheRed said:

See above.

You wanna vent? Fine. But why does it bug you if others want to look forward to better things?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

You wanna vent? Fine. But why does it bug you if others want to look forward to better things?

Do you see me breathing down your neck when you're blasting posters for questioning the front office? 

You sought me out. I didn't even mention anyone by name in my initial post.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Do you see me breathing down your neck when you're blasting posters for questioning the front office? 

You sought me out. I didn't even mention anyone by name in my initial post.

Again, question the front office all you want, but at least do it intelligently.

Most of what passes for "questioning" around here is closer to a five year old throwing a tantrum.

You want to have a rational discussion, I'm fine with that. But if the most intelligent thing you can muster is "everybody sucks fire them all gettledouche is fat" then don't be surprised if me or someone else calls you out for sounding like a child (or a moron).

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

To me, it is how folks vent, more than just the venting itself. I really have no problem with folks venting, this year has pretty much assured there is plenty to vent about.

But dang man, some of the posters have gone over the edge. It isn't so much the venting in and of itself. It is how they attack others who aren't willing to throw the team under the bus. Don't bash Gman, and you are a nuthugger. Don't bash Rivera, or Shula, and you are bending over and taking it where the sun don't shine.

I know frustrations around here are high. But there really is no reason for the bad language, name calling, or personal attacks. I am finding it harder and harder to find a thread to post in that doesn't get derailed into a bash someone thread. And I am pleasantly surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has.

This year sux to be sure. And folks have every right to be frustrated. But man, there is no reason to take everyone down as well. Some of us still see a bright future. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

There will always be trolling in the midst of a season like this. It's inevitable.

We have people here that don't like Gettleman, don't like Cam, or whoever. That's nothing new.

Foe the most part people here who have been critical of the front office have been somewhat reasonable. You can't constantly look at the trolls.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, question the front office all you want, but at least do it intelligently.

Most of what passes for "questioning" around here is closer to a five year old throwing a tantrum.

You want to have a rational discussion, I'm fine with that, but if the most intelligent thing you can muster is "everybody sucks fire them all gettledouche is fat" then don't be surprised if me or someone else calls you out for sounding like a child (or a moron).

I've never said any of those things.

Perhaps you are confused.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

There will always be trolling in the midst of a season like this. It's inevitable.

We have people here that don't like Gettleman, don't like Cam, or whoever. That's nothing new.

Foe the most part people here who have been critical of the front office have been somewhat reasonable. You can't constantly look at the trolls.

I will admit that at the start of the season, there did seem to be fewer trolls. But as the loses piled up, so did the number of trolls.

Folks trying to out Troll a Troll is the new aerobics around here.

Hellz, I even got caught up in it for a while there. Losing has had an adverse affect on this place. And unfortunately, it very well could last until the season starts next year. Heaven help us if we happen to start slowly next year.

Yes we still have some solid threads. And there still are a bunch of quality posters. But you just never know when it will all come crashing down.

Archived