• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Kasay: It Wasn't You

carolinajay

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Heh, the holding penalty didn't change the impact of the kick. The hold woulda pushed them back to the 10 if it had been a touchback to the 20. 

The holding penalty wasn't on the kickoff. The patriots started out on the 40. The penalty moved them back 10 which means that the kick out of bounds netted them 10 yards if Kasay's kick was a touchback.

The penalty caused The pats to have 1st and 20 on the panther's 40 yard line with 44 secs to go. Not many teams are going to convert 1st and 20, the panthers defense could have forced OT is what i'm saying. 

Honestly, I believe Brady would have took his team to the win no matter the kickoff which is why I do not blame Kasay.

1 minute ago, carolinajay said:

The holding penalty wasn't on the kickoff. The patriots started out on the 40. The penalty moved them back 10 which means that the kick out of bounds netted them 10 yards if Kasay's kick was a touchback.

The penalty caused The pats to have 1st and 20 on the panther's 40 yard line with 44 secs to go. Not many teams are going to convert 1st and 20, the panthers defense could have forced OT is what i'm saying. 

Honestly, I believe Brady would have took his team to the win no matter the kickoff which is why I do not blame Kasay.

I know it wasn't on the kickoff. I'm saying the penalty just as likely would have happened regardless of the kick. So the kick had the same impact regardless of the penalty. 

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I know it wasn't on the kickoff. I'm saying the penalty just as likely would have happened regardless of the kick. So the kick had the same impact regardless of the penalty

Starting from the 40 instead of the 20 may has altered the play calling. Correction the penalty was pass interference. 

5 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

Even following your logic, a 51 yd field goal with the Super Bowl on the line is much harder to make.

The main point of my post was that the defense had a chance to stop them. If the patriots can get a new set of downs after 1st and 20,

Would those yards really have made a difference? When Brady is shredding the defense for big yardage. 

Archived