• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Presser at 1pm

chknwing

2 hours ago, truthjuice said:

This is the thing. Our offense has been figured out since February 2016. If they evolve then cool but I don't think many people have faith that we will, which sucks and we're back to this position. Shula has to evolve but so does Ron. 

TJ you are so right. The reality is we do need this offense to evolve in to something effective, efficient, productive and innovative. But I highly doubt we have the coaching staff to do it. Honestly, our coaching staff has shown us they are not cerebral enough to evolve/adapt a game plan within the current offense, so I doubt this staff can evolve into an entirely different offensive concept/philosophy. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

TJ you are so right. The reality is we do need this offense to evolve in to something effective, efficient, productive and innovative. But I highly doubt we have the coaching staff to do it. Honestly, our coaching staff has shown us they are not cerebral enough to evolve/adapt a game plan within the current offense, so I doubt this staff can evolve into an entirely different offensive concept/philosophy. 

This!!! I have a feeling that they'll do just enough to get by. It happens this way. Then Shula and Ron both look good and there's no reason to let either go. They have 8 months to get it right. 

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

2 many players with same skill set, we need more verstaile players to attack defense in multiple ways. 

Keep them guessing?

Agreed.  Having the biggest receivers isn't always a recipe for success.  Look at that little poo Edelman in New England.  He's quick and tenacious as hell, we have nobody that will cross the way he does and take the pounding.  We desperately need that as a check down when things aren't working downfield.

1 hour ago, truthjuice said:

This!!! I have a feeling that they'll do just enough to get by. It happens this way. Then Shula and Ron both look good and there's no reason to let either go. They have 8 months to get it right. 

It's simple...our FO is not TOTALLY committed to winning a super bowl. They're ok with half ass as long as PSL owners keep renewing season ticket invoices. 

I don't either. Even yesterday Lavonte David got a sack on a delayed blitz because Stewart, whose assignment he was, ignored him to help out the rest of the OL when it looked like he wasn't coming. Then David just had a free rush. The announcers highlighted that play and showed Stewart ignore him.

What I'd like to see is what I saw Denver do to us week one which is as soon as the RB sees the delay, Anderson was going to the flat and then when TD cameon the blitz Siemian threw it to Anderson for the TD. We didn't pick up the blitz nor did we go for the dump off. And as you said it's been a year and we still haven't figured it out. Maybe that's why Stewart had 8 receptions, yes 8 receptions for all of 2016. How the fug is that possible? He had 47 Cam's rookie year. Please get rid of Shula.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Its a problem, while everybody was claiming newton never checks down, I've been trying to tell them in comparison to so many teams their RB is used for dump offs when nothing else is open. We have a RB who's used for blocking and TE's who are required to be good blockers instead of being used mainly for receiving purposes. Defenders usually linebackers who are supposed to cover the RB or TE is blitzing Cam. Shula is an OC who was fired from the Bucs in 1999, that's the last time he was an OC for a NFL team, we're in 2017. He had his time but defenses has obviously caught on to what we run and it's nothing wrong with that. The NFL is in constant change and this is a business, panthers seem to be personal with every thing. Former players, coaches, I wonder how can we change this. I think it starts with an owner who knows the limits and doesn't settle.

...for the most part...this team set expectations with 15-1...we want them to live up to that....extenuating circumstance prevented that. shitttty Oline due to injury...norman gone are the primary reasons.... luke. Its hard to argue with Riv...he either looks like Riverboat or ***** Deputy dog during game situations though.... I'm not crazy about Shulong but i've found that i was saying good call on quiet a few plays and other i was like WTF. Cam has to step up this offseason...but that dude got rocked alllll season long...hes tough as nails and the primary reason we are worth a shittt. passing game could be helped...but this is on Proehl. These receivers need to get open on the go to play....and Benjamin needs some ***** tutelage in several areas of his game..... we need some more talent....whens Gman address the nation? Hear his BS.... Like Bilicheck says... do your job!

10 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

It's simple...our FO is not TOTALLY committed to winning a suber bowl. They're ok with half ass as long as PSL owners keep renewing season ticket invoices. 

The end. Absolutely correct. Starts with JR. He's satisfied with being "good enough." 

Archived