• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Lowe Outlook on Hornets

AppHeel

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

This is a nice collection of the worst ideas of all time

Keeping the team together to shoot for the 8th seed and a first round exit in 4 games is a terrible plan and to continue to shoot for that is a horrible way to run a NBA team. 

The only reasonable plan is for Jordan to stop interfering in basketball ops because he cant draft or run a team. Thats clearly been proven at this point, yall want to blame Cho but him and his front office are repeatedly vetoed by Jordan, just like they were for the Boston Trade. Jordan wanted Frank despite the rest of the front office disagreeing with him. 

Kemba is a really good player but hes not a cornerstone player and hes at best a decent 2nd option or a good 3rd option on a winning team. Batum is at max a glue guy and 3rd option on a winning team. 

The Hornets like Lowe said are in a dark, dark place and the only way to fix that with the blocks in place is to blow it up and start over. Basically Jordan and Co blew up the Wallace/Jackson team to build an even worse version of that same team. 

Scrappy, underdog team thats got a 7/8 seed for a ceiling. If you knew the NBA and how it worked you would know that plan doesn't work in the modern NBA. 

It's really that simple, the front office has once again painted itself into a corner and maxed payroll for a team thats at best the 8th seed this season with no financial room for the team to improve significantly for another 3 seasons. 

You want to cheer for that and shoot for poo seasons each and every year, be my guest but i expect my teams to do what it can to win championships. 

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Keeping the team together to shoot for the 8th seed and a first round exit in 4 games is a terrible plan and to continue to shoot for that is a horrible way to run a NBA team. 

The only reasonable plan is for Jordan to stop interfering in basketball ops because he cant draft or run a team. Thats clearly been proven at this point, yall want to blame Cho but him and his front office are repeatedly vetoed by Jordan, just like they were for the Boston Trade. Jordan wanted Frank despite the rest of the front office disagreeing with him. 

Kemba is a really good player but hes not a cornerstone player and hes at best a decent 2nd option or a good 3rd option on a winning team. Batum is at max a glue guy and 3rd option on a winning team. 

The Hornets like Lowe said are in a dark, dark place and the only way to fix that with the blocks in place is to blow it up and start over. Basically Jordan and Co blew up the Wallace/Jackson team to build an even worse version of that same team. 

Scrappy, underdog team thats got a 7/8 seed for a ceiling. If you knew the NBA and how it worked you would know that plan doesn't work in the modern NBA. 

It's really that simple, the front office has once again painted itself into a corner and maxed payroll for a team thats at best the 8th seed this season with no financial room for the team to improve significantly for another 3 seasons. 

You want to cheer for that and shoot for poo seasons each and every year, be my guest but i expect my teams to do what it can to win championships. 

Good post. 

MJ needs to stay away from all basketball decisions and Cho and his $100k scouting database need to get the hell out of Charlotte. 

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

You think going 6-76 with shitty rookies is better than going 44-38 with veterans? Go be a GM lol, it's one more team dumber than us

8 minutes ago, AppHeel said:

Last time we won 7 games in a season we got MKG. Getting a superstar via the draft because you suck is NEVER a guarantee. That's what some fail to grasp imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No it's not, but its a better spot then knowing year in and year out your team has no damn chance to win. I'd at least know they are attempting more then the 8th seed and 2 home playoff games for monetary reasons. 

Screw that 36-40 win season and a slim playoff chance and no way to win a playoff series and repeat bs, thats no fun for anyone. Well, except for those that are ok with mediocrity. 

Example the 76ers, sucked for years and stacked with young tradable talent and a brighter future then the Hornets and basically the same record with nothing really but young players and a vet or two. 

They also have something the hornets don't and that's a potential superstar and center piece talent in embid. 

He pretty much said what I was saying all offseason...  the moves made this offseason were horrible.  We really lack a true direction.  Additionally, the Plumlee deal pretty much killed any talk of a Steph homecoming.  We are spinning our wheels.

As much as I like Batum as a jack-of-all-trades guy, it's hard to justify him as a max player, but as a result of the cap spike, he was entitled to it.  If we didn't pay it, someone would...  but sadly, unless they quickly find another shot creator/maker on offense, Batum will be moved within the next year or so to try to recoup some value to justify giving him that deal in the first place (our typical two wrongs don't make a right, but let's try anyway philosophy).  We have just swung and missed way too many times, and unless we actually hit on a draft pick, we are going to be stuck as a middling low playoff seed or outright lottery team, year in and year out.

Marvin was a bad deal.  Hibbert, Sessions, and Belinelli were bad deals.  Plumlee is a bad deal.  Re-signing Batum with the aforementioned moves was less than ideal.  MKG will not ever become a reliable, respectable offensive player, and Frank will never be more than a serviceable backup at best...  it's a sad state that we have backed ourselves into.

9 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

No way to win a playoff series? We were e missed Wade jumper from probably being in the East Finals

Yes, no way to win a playoff series. Last years team had way more talent on it then this years, last years team had better depth as well. I can list the amount of bad deals the team made this off season and here recently if you would like or I can just make it easy on me and tell you that they didn't make a good one. 

Extending Batum with the current build of the team > bad move

Signing Hibbert and Sessions were bad moves.

Trading the pick for Belinelli was a bad move.

The worst move of all was Trading for Plumlee, he caps the team on spending till the 2019 season easily, eliminates the chance of getting a FA superstar to sign if the chance ever existed in the first place. Free Agency in a meaningful way though is out of the question. 

Previous bad moves include Jordan overruling the whole FO (literally pretty much everyone else told Jordan to take the trade and not draft Frank and if we kept the pick to use it on someone else..) Jordan picked Frank over the Boston trade and against his GM's and coaches wishes.  

What sucks is if Cho was left to his own, we'd likely have a 50 win team by now, this mess is because of Jordan and him meddling in the draft, FA and team build for the team. 

Archived