• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Potential Landing Spots for AP

Catufb85

7 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Who is getting $18M? Not following.....

If he stays in Minnesota this year, barring a restructure, AD's current cap hit is 18 million.

If he were to get cut, he would not sign anywhere near that 18 million with another team.

Lesean McCoy is currently the highest at 12 million per year and I would think the happy medium would be somewhere in the 10 million range if he were to sign elsewhere.

1 minute ago, imminent rogaine said:

I think its a scheme thing which is also why he wouldn't work out here. Giants makes total sense. Line his ass up behind a fullback and he is a 1200 yd rusher.

Maybe 3 years ago, but not today. 3 years ago, I would have jumped at AP. But now he's too old and been injured a lot lately. Not worth the price his name recognition would demand. He will probably go to a team that needs his name recognition to get the fan base excited about the coming season. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

If AP had anything left in the tank the Vikings wouldn't be getting rid of him. RB at 30 is end of the line.  

Peterson just had 1500 yards in 2015...

They're getting rid of him because of his enamours cap hit to go along with the fact he's a wild card to stay healthy at this point. 

If Peterson can stay healthy he's more than capable of surpassing 1000 yards in a season. If you think Stew has a tough time behind our line you should see the headache Peterson had behind the Vikes line in the couple games he played this year 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Peterson just had 1500 yards in 2015...

They're getting rid of him because of his enamours cap hit to go along with the fact he's a wild card to stay healthy at this point. 

If Peterson can stay healthy he's more than capable of surpassing 1000 yards in a season. If you think Stew has a tough time behind our line you should see the headache Peterson had behind the Vikes line in the couple games he played this year 

I don't care about 2015, how old is he and what did he do last year?? He turns 32 in under a month and he ran 37 times for 72 yards over 3 games before getting injured last year. Yeah last year he averaged 1.9 YPC of glory.

Adrian Peterson as the man we used to know is done. Vikings know this and that's why they didn't pick up his option.

Father Time is not kind to running backs at all, especially when they are 32. So no thanks

4 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

We already have an injury prone 30 year old RB. Why bring in another to eat up cap that could be spent on other areas of need?

Because there is no better person to train the next Adrian Peterson than Adrian Peterson himself.

AD and Fournette. Get a fullback and Cam doesn't have to run for 500 yards a year anymore.

4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I don't care about 2015, how old is he and what did he do last year?? He turns 32 in under a month and he ran 37 times for 72 yards over 3 games before getting injured last year. Yeah last year he averaged 1.9 YPC of glory.

Adrian Peterson as the man we used to know is done. Vikings know this and that's why they didn't pick up his option.

Father Time is not kind to running backs at all, especially when they are 32. So no thanks

lol if you say so

I don't even need to look to know you would've said the same dumb thing going into the 2015 season after he missed the 2014 season but put up 1300 in 2013.

Watch a Vikes game from this year. They make our line look like Dallas'. 

Just now, h0llywood said:

Because there is no better person to train the next Adrian Peterson than Adrian Peterson himself.

AD and Fournette. Get a fullback and Cam doesn't have to run for 500 yards a year anymore.

Or get a quality set of tackles and Cam doesn't have to scramble and Fournette and JStew can do work too. 

Archived