• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An interesting option

sharkkiller

John Ross at 8 is to much of a risk..

McCafferey doesn't fit our offense.. He will never be a full time 25 to 30 carry back .. He doesn't run up the middle.. He is a better fit for a team with a inventive OC.. Which we are not..

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

A WR #8 with numerous medical problems and a white rb with our second round pick would be one of the worst drafts in Panthers history. It's far worse than drafting Randy Fasani, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, Kerry Collins, Rae Carruth combined

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

McCaffrey is going to be a beast and will be worth late 1st or early 2nd round pick, Pair him with OJ Howard with #8 pick and this offense will be top 5

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

John Ross at 8 is to much of a risk..

McCafferey doesn't fit our offense.. He will never be a full time 25 to 30 carry back .. He doesn't run up the middle.. He is a better fit for a team with a inventive OC.. Which we are not..

I won't argue that I'm not sure McCaffrey can take 20+ carries a game.

But he ran up the middle on over 70% of his runs in college.

12 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

I won't argue that I'm not sure McCaffrey can take 20+ carries a game.

But he ran up the middle on over 70% of his runs in college.

Total different going up the middle in the PAC 10 and in the NFL..

I wouldn't put him threw that..

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

McCaffrey is going to be a beast and will be worth late 1st or early 2nd round pick, Pair him with OJ Howard with #8 pick and this offense will be top 5

Not for this coaching staff or team..

It's like giving a hillbilly a anicent egyptian pie recipe.. Shula wouldn't know what to do with him...

Plus they gave Fozzy 2 years to do the same job..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Total different going up the middle in the PAC 10 and in the NFL..

I wouldn't put him threw that..

Fair point.  I think he can handle 10-15 carries just fine.  But to get enough usage out of him, you have to get him 5-7 targets per game as well.

Not sure I trust Shula to do that.

I think he's intriguing in the right context.  Spelling Stewart, third downs, screens, and routes out of the slot.  I think he could kill a couple birds for the cost of one pick - or he could rot on the bench with a staff that doesn't know how to use him (or tries to make him be stewart).

1 minute ago, uscgamecocks said:

Fair point.  I think he can handle 10-15 carries just fine.  But to get enough usage out of him, you have to get him 5-7 targets per game as well.

Not sure I trust Shula to do that.

I think he's intriguing in the right context.  Spelling Stewart, third downs, screens, and routes out of the slot.  I think he could kill a couple birds for the cost of one pick - or he could rot on the bench with a staff that doesn't know how to use him (or tries to make him be stewart).

Exactly..

Plus they pretty much gave fozzy a 2 year deal to do the same thing..

McCaffery essentially would take Fozzy's role as that 3rd down and scat back and could take 10+ carries with 3+ receptions a game.

Additionally he would fill our glaring hole in punt and kick returns.

If we still had Ginn, a 2nd for McCaffery would be a luxury pick.

However, he now becomes a plausible option in the 2nd round because his 10-15 touches now increase to possibly 20 including the return game.

Would not be surprised if we go DE in round 1 and lock up McCaffery next.

28 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

To everyone that really wants Fournette:

Would you trade the #8 overall pick for Todd Gurley?

Does the current free agency market for RBs impact your thinking on using a top 10 pick on a RB?

If we drafted Fourentte I wouldn't trade him for any RB in the NFL. Does that answer your question?

Look at the history of the game, very far and few white rb's have succeeded in the game. He's a small dude at 201lbs, not suited for the offense. Take offense to my comments or not, he's not a true rb for this style offense

To be fair, the ratio of white to black RBs is clearly not even close. Doesn't mean one can't succeed. And he might not be an every down guy but an upgrade to Fozzy and added return ability, absolutely.

Archived