• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB

ncfan

It isnt out of the question that we still may draft a corner. Bradberry looks to be a good one, Captain is a proven slot corner. Worley has potential but theres always room to upgrade. Especially when this like the TE group is one of the most talented groups to come out in awhile. Then you throw im the fact that most of them are 6'0+ guys (the ones gettleman likes in this zone scheme) that are really athletic.

One there are 2 im wanting to keep my eye on. The kid out of UCF Griffin who is projected 4th round or so and

Ahkello Witherspoon, a 2nd-3rd round guy now

Witherspoon quietly put a solid season this past year, and if he was playing for Bama, Ohio state etc, people would be freaking out. Thus he really opened some eyes at the combine.

Standing 6'3 198 he ran a 4.45 40.5 vert 11.60 60 yard shuttle, 127 broad etc

Kid has the length and speed we Really like in the zone.

In fact he plays Faster than that 4.45 most say. Talking to some die hard pac12 guys they mentioned John Ross couldnt go deep on him all game. Yes the same john ross that just ran a 4.22 i didnt believe it so i looked up some film

Overall he did very well for his soze covering and keeping up with the speedy Ross when matched up.

Witherspoon would not make me mad at all if we grabbed him at the end of the 2nd or mkved up in the 3rd to get

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

CB market has taken on some big changes with recent injuries to Jones and Moreau. Both of them where near first round locks.

One phase Daniel Jeremiah always said about CBs, "They always go a round earlier than the grade". He said if you got a third round grade on a CB, he almost always gos in second. It hit home hard last year.

Desmond King is an interesting guy because he can also play safety and fits our scheme well. I still see safety as a bigger priority than corner so his flexibility seems to give him more value to us. Problem is 2.8 is too early to take him and I doubt he would be there at 2.32. 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:41 PM, stbugs said:

Wow, hadn't heard about Moreau. I'd be happy with him or Jones later in the draft if they fall. We've got a little luxury with Worley, regardless if people think he's a starter or not. He has a year under his belt and can come in as the starter. If you could get Jones/Moreau in the 3rd/4th, I'd jump on them. Jones likely won't last that long, but it depends. It is such a deep CB class that he could fall more than expected as teams look at a tier lower guy who can contribute in 2017 and have a year of experience in 2018 as equivalent to Jones, who won't contribute in 2017. I'm sorry, I don't believe the pre-draft news that he could play this season. Moreau's injury seems like a long one, but less likely to impact him and he could play this year since it is a non-leg injury.

I agree, I like both. One of the biggest way earn my respect playing CB, is one-on-one  face -to-face tackling anyone with the ball. Both these guys check that box. Problem is in four years Dave has never drafted a player that's injuried. Seems he values reps and snaps highly. Heard both he and RR talk about needing 5,000 reps before they are ready. Not for all but for most. That would greatly delay the development. That said these two have the skills to be legit starting NFL CBs.

Archived