• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Have Worked Out Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs

bobsfoodbasics

38 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

You do know 62.8 percent in College Football is God awful, right?  That poo is not good.  WOW.  Sorry I've watched accurate QBs in the Big 12.  Especially the most accurate QB in College Football history for a season.  Baker Mayfield.

Don't you worry Missouri fan.  I remember those ass kickings we gave you in the Big 12.  Keep the hate up, you hating pole smoker.   

Hey Oklahoma fan, what's Baker Mayfield's career completion percentage?

(Hint: Its 67.8%.)

49 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Thank you.  @TNPanther

And we can stop with the fallacy that SEC defense are so "good."

In reality, the SEC just has poo QBs that make those SEC defenses look so great.  

Completely disagree on SEC defenses. They are as good as you get, and SEC players will comprise over half the selections in the top 10 of the draft. The issue is that colleges are now using high power spread or air raid attacks and even the Alabamas are susceptible. As far as QBS go, Dak Prescott was ROY and the NFL Pro Bowl Starter. So I disagree. The SEC is the best there is.

41 minutes ago, TNPanther said:

I went to Tennessee at the same time as he did, have seen him personally in every game he's played, and he does not suck. He was rushed this year because he didn't have an OL to protect him...give him time and he's money. I'm the same person who said Tyler Bray was a garbage prospect, so you can't say I'm just being a Vol homer.

I've also met the guy on several occasions and he is nothing but a team player. Quit your hate.

If you think Dobbs is anything more than a scrub, I'm sorry but you are letting loyalties get in the way. He is a terrible QB. And I'm an SEC homer.

The big question with Dobbs is not if he was a good college quarterback (he was), but how will he translate in the NFL. Dobbs is a perfect example of why there is a real concern for running qbs in the NFL. A NFL QB has to win with his head, then his arm, then his legs. There was a HUGE question if Cam could with with his head and reads before he entered the NFL. 

I personally like Dobbs, he is a great teammate, incredibly intelligent, very athletic, strong enough arm, and great running instincts, and excellent deep ball accuracy. There is a lot to like.

I have doubts that Dobbs will be a quality NFL quarterback, i guess he could be a good backup. He does not read the field well,  his ball placement on short and intermediate routs has not shown progress in the last two years. He does not progress through his reads and his pre-snap evaluations and tends to be glued to a receiver. He could mask these faults in college because he could escape the pocket and placed stress on opposing D's to account for his legs which created separation for his receivers. This will not happen in the NFL.

He is most definitely a development project which is why he is projected a day 3 pick. In my opinion his effectiveness in the NFL will rest solely on his ability to read (both pre-snap and progressions) and complete short and intermediate passes. He has a LOT of the same concerns that Cam had coming out, but he has a considerably smaller frame and will not be able to create the same way Cam did with his legs because he is 216 lbs.

I think a higher ceiling prospect is Chad Kelly, but he has off the field concerns you will NOT get with Dobbs.Also Kelly takes too many chances outside the pocket and also struggles with progressions.

4 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Rather have the ASU kicker there.

3 minutes ago, The Lone Panther said:

There's always our 7th round pick for a kicker. 

https://arizonasports.com/story/1070620/pffs-mcguinness-asu-kicker-zane-gonzalez-needs-drafted-4th-round/

You guys are dreaming we will have to use our comp 3rd or at a minimum 4th for Gonzalez.  I'm game.

If we wait til the 6th or 7th it will be for another kicker.

Just now, Nails said:

https://arizonasports.com/story/1070620/pffs-mcguinness-asu-kicker-zane-gonzalez-needs-drafted-4th-round/

You guys are dreaming we will have to use our comp 3rd or at a minimum 4th for Gonzalez.  I'm game.

If we wait til the 6th or 7th it will be for another kicker.

Zero chance G-Man uses a 3rd or 4th on a kicker.  Draft is too deep at other important positions to be wasting an early pick on a kicker.  Personally, I think Gano will still be a our guy.  People have down years, it happens. 

15 minutes ago, The Lone Panther said:

Zero chance G-Man uses a 3rd or 4th on a kicker.  Draft is too deep at other important positions to be wasting an early pick on a kicker.  Personally, I think Gano will still be a our guy.  People have down years, it happens. 

How about the missed XP in Seattle in 2015 with 2:20 to go that kept it a 3 point game and so that a FG could have only tied it?  No one remembers because of the euphoric Olsen TD.  How about the miss in the Super Bowl?  How about the fact he's less than 80% for a career and is one of the highest paid kickers in the league.  The THOUGHT of keeping this guy is utter INSANITY!!!!!!!!

Archived