• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From 12-4 to 0-3?

weyco2000

How did we get to this point? If you go 12-4 and lose by 20 at home in the playoffs doesn't something have to change? The front office made some huge mistakes trying to keep their jobs, while the Big Cat was laid up.

1) Extending Gamble to a 6 yr. - 53 million dollar contract for a DB not suited for our system.(For cap relief)

2) Extending Delhomme to a 5 yr. - 42.5 million dollar contract with 20 million guaranteed. For a QB who had a passer rating of 84.7, 15 Td and 12 int 's along with 5 fumbles. That ranks 33rd in cost effectivness for QB's, (stats compared to salary)(For cap releif)

3) All this was done to make cap space for, yeah you guessed it, Mr. Peppers. We thought we could sign him long term but it blew up in our face. To top it off he's a captain? Of what the Titanic or the SS Minnow, did the skipper promote gilligan to captain?

4) Now after realizing Peppers refused their offer and may sit out, they trade away another first round pick. I can see Hurney now, "What will you give for Peppers?" Duhhh they watch the news and see Dr.Peppers saying he doesn't like our system and wants to play elsewhere. (Well Pep gotta agree with you there!) So these geniuses decide to franchise Pep in hoping at least he will play like its a contract year. Well guess what, he's holding out, not off the field but on it. Now a long term deal is out of the question and you have screwed the fans and the future of this team. So we have a second round pick at a first round cost that sits on the bench?

5) I never realized this but guess who was the 17th highest paid player in the NFL last year?(2008) Travelle Wharton at 12,850,000, OMG are we freaking crazy?

I'm done for the night, the next GM/HC has a lot of crap to clean up. I just hope he has the balls to do it!

How did we get to this point? Try going from running ten times a game more than we passed it to passing 15 times a game more than we rush it.

Seriously, Jake is a decent quarterback but that's all he'll ever be. Williams is a star-caliber running back. Why pin your offensive hopes on Jake's arm instead of Williams' legs?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/263423-disecting-dallas-a-good-example-of-whats-wrong-in-carolina

Maybe, with all of the big contracts, we have too many "stars" and not enough people hungry to make names for themselves.

When a player "arrives" (gets the Big Paycheck) there's always a chance that complacency will settle in and they won't use the push that got them to the top.

Perhaps with 21 of 22 starters returning there wasn't as much impetus to succeed and make names for themselves. Perhaps many of them didn't work as hard in the off season, many may not have seen challenges to their job security.

And maybe, a couple of them kinda drank the Kool-Aid on how good they were.

But I don't know, I'm just a frustrated fan.

Last year's team was helped by it's schedule, too. They ran all over KC and Denver, but also barely beat Oakland and Detroit. They really weren't as good as 12-4 last year.

True last year we played a weak NFC North, and a horrible AFC West....

This year we have a good NFC East, and AFC East.

Not to mention the falcons and Saints have both gotten significantly better.

Archived