• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not Draft related: Prisco ranks all NFL coaches...you won't be happy

Moorgan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-every-nfl-head-coach-from-bill-belichick-to-the-class-of-2017/

CAR.png16. Ron Rivera, Panthers 

He led the Panthers to an NFC title in the 2015 season before a Super Bowl loss to the Broncos. Carolina had a Super hangover last season and fell to 6-10 after going 15-1 the previous season. In five seasons with the Panthers, he has two seasons of 10 or more wins, but losing records in the other four. His winning percentage is .557, thanks in large part to the 15-victory season. He is a defensive-minded coach, and he loves to run it and play great defense to win games. That's his style. 

ron-rivera.jpg

USATSI

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

IMO he should be around 10. Winning 2 coach of the year awards should put him up a lot higher. Also Chuck Pagano? Bill O'Brien? Bruce Arians? Adam Gase? Sean Payton? Yes the same Sean Payton that was behind Rivera in 3 of the past 4 years. 

So yeah I think it's bs

I agree with you. Payton has a super bowl so I can kinda see that...but the other guys you mentioned you are 100% right about.

Just now, Moorgan said:

I agree with you. Payton has a super bowl so I can kinda see that...but the other guys you mentioned you are 100% right about.

I was tempted about Payton as well, but he had one great run and has underachieved ever since then. He has had a proven hall of fame QB for his entire time and very rarely could beat our team in the past 5 years. That is why I would put Rivera ahead of him.

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

I was tempted about Payton as well, but he had one great run and has underachieved ever since then. He has had a proven hall of fame QB for his entire time and very rarely could beat our team in the past 5 years. That is why I would put Rivera ahead of him.

That's fair but that onside kick after the half in the Super Bowl was pretty awesome and will likely elevate his stock forever.

Just now, Moorgan said:

That's fair but that onside kick after the half in the Super Bowl was pretty awesome and will likely elevate his stock forever.

Yeah that was. Ron would have never done anything like that. I just always have loved having teams with great defenses. It would drive me crazy to have the Saints defense year after year. Yay we scored 40! poo we gave up 52...

4 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Yeah that was. Ron would have never done anything like that. I just always have loved having teams with great defenses. It would drive me crazy to have the Saints defense year after year. Yay we scored 40! poo we gave up 52...

Agreed. I've always favored defense as well. The idea of denying someone is greater than getting the score in my opinion. But that's likely a function of my defective personality and PTSD. ;)

Archived