• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone know if Thomas Davis is a free agent next year?

Stnecldcr8zy

Now, I know there are some differences coming out with the CBA that it could affect whether he will a restricted free agent or unrestricted free agent...I remember reading a great article on the internet explaining the difference between the two.

Can they put a restricted free agent clause on Thomas Davis or is that only with lower round draft picks?

I believe that he is just too important to leave our scheme.

Now, I know there are some differences coming out with the CBA that it could affect whether he will a restricted free agent or unrestricted free agent...I remember reading a great article on the internet explaining the difference between the two.

Can they put a restricted free agent clause on Thomas Davis or is that only with lower round draft picks?

I believe that he is just too important to leave our scheme.

i think with no agreement the player is a rfa until his 6 years of playing in the nfl instead of 4...but I could be mistaken

oddly enough for us an uncapped year is great. Makes us RFA Davis and Marshall, lets us dump all the old age dead weight, and gives us the room to franchise Peppers long enough to give him away - and in an uncapped year, other teams might be more willing to let him sign. None of those options actually cost us much.

Would love Davis back. Of course, he fits best (and has become a bit of a star in) the scheme he has now. Going to some super-aggressive scheme might not fit him, and some 3-4 coach coming in will probably not see fit to spend $7 mil a year on a contain guy when he has three thumpers and needs three defensive linemen.

def. will be depressed if hes not resigned. I swore I thought I saw DWill is also a FA next year. Surprised we have these players in their contract years and we havent extended them to save money short term. Def. would help cap space, but Panthers must doubt the players ability to contribute in the future.

No worries. If Fox is still here we won't need Davis. We can trade up in the draft into the 2nd round and snag another Saftey and then convert him to a LB to take Davis' place. Fox is very good at converting guys to fill needs. I mean look at what he did with Davis.........

that is the only negative about Davis...he gave Fox/Carolina the they had the ability to convert guys at the next level.

No worries. If Fox is still here we won't need Davis. We can trade up in the draft into the 2nd round and snag another Saftey and then convert him to a LB to take Davis' place. Fox is very good at converting guys to fill needs.

I think from now on as long as fox is here we are going to plan on trading our first round pick for a second round pick...That is the way to win I tell yas

no wonder he is playing so good....now if someone would play good already being signed to a long term contract that would be something!!

He put up good numbers last year as well. Really he has gotten better every year. Def a bright spot on D.

Archived