• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Intermittent Fasting

Jackofalltrades

I have a friend that swears by it. I don't care enough to try it, but some people rave about it. I know that Terry Crews is a big proponent, and he's jacked, so...

Cat, I think you and I think of something different when we first hear the word 'fasting.' This one doesn't involve prayer and extra time at church :D. 

I've done it off and on for a few years now.  Did it consistently for about 2 months a few years ago and got really lean, but I didn't get enough calories in during that time and crashed pretty dang hard.  I'll still use it every now and then when I over-indulge.

2 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

I have a friend that swears by it. I don't care enough to try it, but some people rave about it. I know that Terry Crews is a big proponent, and he's jacked, so...

Cat, I think you and I think of something different when we first hear the word 'fasting.' This one doesn't involve prayer and extra time at church :D. 

No doubt, as if the suffering from no food needs to be worst! 

I'm sure not a fan of not eating. Unless I'm making millions off my looks, I'm not going to actually starve myself. 

I heard a comedian talking about doing it on the radio the other day.  He said by day 4 your senses become really heightened.  He said he could hear someone dropping a coin a 100 yds away.  I can't imagine ever doing it. 

3 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

I've fasted for religious reasons before but never really understood what all was involved. I really thought it was impossible, but it's really quite simple. 

2 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I'm actually learning to. I have a surge of energy and a mental acuity I forgot was capable without adderall. I'm at 67.5 hours and I'm no more hungry now than I am in any other day. 

Is 67.5 hours considered intermittent?

I fast everyday. Usually from 10pm to 1pm.

3 hours ago, jrc1106 said:

I've done it off and on for a few years now.  Did it consistently for about 2 months a few years ago and got really lean, but I didn't get enough calories in during that time and crashed pretty dang hard.  I'll still use it every now and then when I over-indulge.

Calories have nothing to do with it, same with weight loss in general. It's a hormonal thing, not caloric. 

Just now, Datawire said:

Is 67.5 hours considered intermittent?

I fast everyday. Usually from 10pm to 1pm.

It is because I change it up. This is my longest fast to date. My goal is 72 hours but I may well go to 96 or further. Once I hit 72 I'll re-evaluate and go from there. Autophagy is my goal. 

44 minutes ago, Cat said:

No doubt, as if the suffering from no food needs to be worst! 

I'm sure not a fan of not eating. Unless I'm making millions off my looks, I'm not going to actually starve myself. 

Dr. Jason Fung said it best. You aren't starving yourself since it's controlled and voluntary. 

I got to almost 400 lbs, can't imagine anyone likes food more than me. If I can do it, anyone can. 

The list of benefits is ridiculous and the list of risks is empty for the average person. We weren't created to eat every day, much less three times a day. Had we been we never would have survived as a species. 

49 minutes ago, Doyle said:

I heard a comedian talking about doing it on the radio the other day.  He said by day 4 your senses become really heightened.  He said he could hear someone dropping a coin a 100 yds away.  I can't imagine ever doing it. 

theo vonn on JRE?

Archived