• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...When Living In North Carolina...

Lilsmitty09

On 5/12/2017 at 11:47 PM, TheRumGone said:

Wicked weed sold out to anheuser busch. You're gonna be able to buy that beer anywhere soon. To say the locals are PISSED is an understatement. Busch is the devil for craft beer people. They have gone out of their way to try and crush the little guy as much as possible. This may sound snobby but it's not. Keep it local, pump money into the economy and to the people who live in Asheville and started their own business. Tons of other amazing local breweries to choose from.

mellow mushroom is probably the last place I'd recommend to eat in Asheville. Try local places. King daddy's, bonfire BBQ, tupelo honey, biscuit head, salsa's, farmburger, ABC or Barleys pizza.

Yeah screw Wicked Weed. Not a bad list of restaurants besides tupelo honey which isn't what it used to be.. I would add Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack and Papa's and Beer (the one on brevard rd) to that list.. I'm literally addicted to Rocky's

8 minutes ago, Panther49er said:

Yeah screw Wicked Weed. Not a bad list of restaurants besides tupelo honey which isn't what it used to be.. I would add Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack and Papa's and Beer (the one on brevard rd) to that list.. I'm literally addicted to Rocky's

pimento cheese chicken blt is basically a part of my genetic makeup at this point

1 hour ago, Panther49er said:

Wicked Weed is dead to me. Sellouts.

place was overrated anyway. Line down the street every time I went. #hypetrain

On 5/12/2017 at 11:47 PM, TheRumGone said:

Wicked weed sold out to anheuser busch. You're gonna be able to buy that beer anywhere soon. To say the locals are PISSED is an understatement. Busch is the devil for craft beer people. They have gone out of their way to try and crush the little guy as much as possible. This may sound snobby but it's not. Keep it local, pump money into the economy and to the people who live in Asheville and started their own business. Tons of other amazing local breweries to choose from.

mellow mushroom is probably the last place I'd recommend to eat in Asheville. Try local places. King daddy's, bonfire BBQ, tupelo honey, biscuit head, salsa's, farmburger, ABC or Barleys pizza.

This x10000

1 hour ago, Panther49er said:

Rocky's is awesome.

2 hours ago, Crixtala said:

pimento cheese chicken blt is basically a part of my genetic makeup at this point

Will have to give that a go next time! Sounds amazing.. I always get the Hot Tenders with the zippy ranch. Been wanting to branch out some but those tenders are just too damn good to give me a need to order anything else!

The St Patty's Day bar crawl in Charlotte is off the chain.

There are a lot of great vineyards in the Triad if you're into wine.

Make sure to take a family vacation and rent you a house on the beach off the southern coast of NC sometime in late August or September when the crowds die down. My favorites are Sunset Beach, Oak Island, and Ocean Isle Beach. The water is perfect that time of year and the golfing is fantastic. There is also great sea food in that area.

Archived