• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Observations Day 5

Here ya go folks.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-OTA-Observations-Day-5/207f8c8c-bfa6-453e-85e5-9f77c19c083e

• Several players made a splash during the initial red zone period. Running back Fozzy Whittakericon-article-link.gif continues to be in the middle of the action, stymied on a short route by Davis before coming back for a touchdown reception from Anderson over the middle. Whittaker, Samuel and fullback Darrel Youngicon-article-link.gif caught TD tosses over the middle near the goal line, but the defense controlled action outside of that window. Cornerback James Bradberryicon-article-link.gif broke up Anderson's last shot in the first red zone period, and on the next play, cornerback Captain Munnerlynicon-article-link.gif broke up Joe Webbicon-article-link.gif's first attempt. Recently signed quarterback Garrett Gilberticon-article-link.gif got just one snap in the period but made the most of it, hooking up with fullback Alex Armahicon-article-link.gif in the flat. Armah looked fully capable of finishing it off if live contact were allowed.

Woo Hoo! Armah made a play!

4 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Anyone have any idea how Zeek Bigger has been doing?  He signed a 3 year deal yesterday.  (Panthers hold the option on all 3 years... ha)  Hoping for PS at minimum.

As an ECU alum, I'm also curious

I think PS is perhaps what we should potentially expect with the logjam we have at the LB position

35 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Woo Hoo! Armah got himself a TD.

Sure would be nice to see Armah be a "project" that actually works out for us

He doesn't look like he'd be very much fun to tackle or have coming full steam ahead at you...

11 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

As an ECU alum, I'm also curious

I think PS is perhaps what we should potentially expect with the logjam we have at the LB position

I totally agree.  The only glimmer of hope I see was with Klein leaving.  I think Zeek could beat out Mayo, if given a fair shot.

14 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Sure would be nice to see Armah be a "project" that actually works out for us

He doesn't look like he'd be very much fun to tackle or have coming full steam ahead at you...

I believe he'll make the team due simply to the fact that he can play ST. His FB play would be an added bonus.

1 minute ago, iamcline said:

I believe he'll make the team due simply to the fact that he can play ST. His FB play would be an added bonus.

Well since there's only one other viable FB on the roster,  (Darrel Young, who also scored in the red zone today) and that they used a valuable draft pick on him, I would say that's a pretty darn good guess.

27 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Anyone have any idea how Zeek Bigger has been doing?  He signed a 3 year deal yesterday.  (Panthers hold the option on all 3 years... ha)  Hoping for PS at minimum.

I think somebody in the media asked RR about him yesterday. Go check it out at Panthers.com. There are a couple  pics of Biggers up too.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Well since there's only one other viable FB on the roster,  (Darrel Young, who also scored in the red zone today) and that they used a valuable draft pick on him, I would say that's a pretty darn good guess.

Agreed it's a good guess.  I'd normally agree that since he was a draft pick he'd make the 53, but was also wondering if the Panthers might be thinking they could stash him on the PS for a year to let him develop (since he hasn't played FB in a long time) with very little to no risk of another team stealing him away.  Basically just because I don't think many people know about the guy, much less have film to study of him.  TC will be intriguing as always.

Archived