• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonder Woman

Moorgan

Surprised there isn't already a thread about this. Saw it last night. It has a metric ton of hype and I don't think it honestly deserves it.

I liked it. And for a D.C. movie I'd put it just behind Batman 1 and 2, and Man of Steel. Yes I know I'm one of the few that liked MoS. Gal Gadot is spot on perfect as WW and Chris Pine does a good job.

I'm not sure what my exact complaints are. I didn't find myself engrossed in it. Often thinking about the movie instead of it just happening. All in all it was good just not great. It almost feels like criticizing this movie means you hate women or something. Silly.

Again, Gadot is the undisputed star of the movie and will be very good as WW going forward. Just thought it kind of got lost overall somewhere. I'd still recommend it though. It's fun enough.

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

Gal Gadot is spot on perfect as WW and Chris Pine does a good job.

I'm not sure what my exact complaints are. I didn't find myself engrossed in it. Often thinking about the movie instead of it just happening. All in all it was good just not great.

I felt the same, strangely I found my mind wandering at times as well, though perhaps it was due to seeing it rather late Sat. night and being tired (10:40 showing)  It was well cast and honestly I think Chris Pine's performance really took it to another level. He played the role of a good but flawed/real person very authentically.  Gadot pulled off the naivety of her role very well also.

In the DC world I would put it just behind Man of Steel on my chart, probably because MoS just felt like greater stakes across the final arc and conclusion, especially with the conflict of Superman being faced with the decision to kill off the last of his kind.  

5 minutes ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

I really enjoyed it and imo, is right on part with Iron Man 1. It's easily the best DCEU movie for me. 

I thought the first 2 Batmans were better. But I'm not complaining. It was good.

I loved it from start to finish. I think people are nit picking it. It's by far the best movie in the DC cinematic universe so far. 

Thank god for Patty Jenkins and for Gal Gadot. Patty is 10x the director that Snyder is, and Gadot really really played the role well (if she had bombed the whole movie would have flopped and it was tough role to play as well)

6 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I gave Wonder Woman a 9/10.

Gal impressed me. I thought she'd be on par with Cavill in terms of presence (not average but not outstanding) but she was far better than I was anticipating. Gadot owned the role. She captured Diana's heart and tenacity perfectly. 

The only cons I found with this film were the runtime and dark cinematography at times. 

I saw it Friday night at the drive in theater and was wondering if the movie was that dark or if it was because I was seeing it in that environment. It was hard to see at times. 

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Snyder is who he is - an upgraded version of Goyer. I'm okay with that. If he doesn't write the script, he's a competent director. For BvS, he tried to go the Watchmen route and chose the wrong person to edit the film. So, it didn't go as planned. Regardless, 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel, Dawn of the Dead and Legend of the Guardians are solid flicks.

Jenkins is a superior director, however, everything that is this cinematic universe was spawned from Snyder's mind. He's like Kevin with Marvel Studios and Disney laying out the blueprint for the MCU.

Fair points, I don't actually dislike Snyder I just really like Patty Jenkins

38 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I saw it Friday night at the drive in theater and was wondering if the movie was that dark or if it was because I was seeing it in that environment. It was hard to see at times. 

yea this would be tough to see at a drive inn for sure. 

Definitely not as amazing as it is being hyped to be.

Typical DC movie making-- characters are underdeveloped, CGI is turned up on high.

I would have loved to know more...and care more...about Chris Pine's character and his squad.  Also thought there was potential to develop Dr Poison that was missed.  And give her a better name than freaking Dr Poison.

Lots of convenient moments that make for poor storytelling.  Right after she discovers her power for the first time, she sees a plane falling from the sky.  One heroic moment and they made it all the was through WW1 front lines to their goal.  

And of course, the climax is just a CGI marathon of boring and predictable.

It wasn't all bad.  I thought Gadot was a great WW and loved the message and tone behind it all.  Just PLEASE get Snyder as far away from those movies as possible, and give us some characters and storytelling that, even though they are superheroes, feel real and authentic.

Archived