• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you're ever in NYC, eat and drink here

SCP

Went there for my 1st Yankees game, grew up in upstate NY, never hung out in the city.....

I spelled it out for you... If you don't know or care to know who Vince McMahon is then I cannot help you... Dude provided me with hours of entertainment growing up....

I've had two truly amazing steaks in NYC, and I've had many steaks in NYC.

Go to Eataly and pick out your cut in the steak house part--they'll do an amazing job cooking it.  Not a steakhouse but really good anyway.

I've had two great steaks at The Strip House, and if you've never been there you need to go.  A little pricey, but well worth it.

18 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

This. When I lived in the lower east side I had to pass by Mighty Quinn's on my walk home and would hit it up almost every time. The brisket, pulled pork are money and the burnt end baked beans with pickeled vegetables on the side are incredible. 

Eh, all the NYC barbecue is Texas style (Mighty Quinns, Hill Country, Morgans, Hometown, etc) and I was raised on eastern NC "real" barbecue.  Arrogant Swine in Bushwick is Carolina whole hog, and its really damn good.

17 minutes ago, DaanngJohnny said:

Eh, all the NYC barbecue is Texas style (Mighty Quinns, Hill Country, Morgans, Hometown, etc) and I was raised on eastern NC "real" barbecue.  Arrogant Swine in Bushwick is Carolina whole hog, and its really damn good.

Arrogant Swine was pretty good but they had some random things like raisins in the slaw and the Carolina gold pork thing. The waffle mac n cheese sounded like a great idea but underwhelming. Everything else was great. There were some other good spots, one in Red Hook and I loved the Smoke Joint in Fort Greene. I still put NYC Q towards the top because of the variety. Oh and they built a Dinosaur in walking distance to my apartment in BK, was happy about that. But MQ to me was the best, had pulled pork and a great chicken sandwich and the dinosaur ribs were the shiiit.

1 minute ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Arrogant Swine was pretty good but they had some random things like raisins in the slaw and the Carolina gold pork thing. The waffle mac n cheese sounded like a great idea but underwhelming. Everything else was great.

I feel you on the slaw, didnt make sense.  Love their booze selection tho.  Alcohol and whole hog and you cant go wrong.

39 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

This. When I lived in the lower east side I had to pass by Mighty Quinn's on my walk home and would hit it up almost every time. The brisket, pulled pork are money and the burnt end baked beans with pickeled vegetables on the side are incredible. 

Lower East Side/East Village is the Mecca for food in the United States. Did you ever try Gruppo?

Archived