• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers New Coach

kungfoodude

Totally agree. But Dungy, couldnt get it done(ala Fox). Gruden did with the same team. thats the 'the intangible a coach has' that can push them above and behond....I feel the the Panthers have the personel to get it done but we need that 'intagible' that a coach has to get them there. No disrespect to Fox.... but lets roll to the next level....
i don't disagree that it might be time to move on but i think gruden would be the wrong direction and far from a long term fix.

don't want him here. not crazy about any retreads.

move forward.

Besides the Dungy influence, the best part of Gruden's teams were Kiffin's continued presence. Gruden's rah-rah locker room presence and motivational speakers got old fast in the meantime. He's got a short shelf life.

But he said a couple nice things about Carolina and is somewhat entertaining on MNF, so that's a perfect reason to think he's a great coach.

no kidding. people around here thought he was a joke until we started calling for fox's head and gruden ends up looking pretty on tv and seems to be bucking for the coaching job...any coaching job and in our desperation we are willing to forget the past few years and the truth about why tampa had any real success and jump straight to the superbowl win he lucked into years ago and think that means he'd be awesome.

Gruden= another Jox fox with just a mean look on his face instead.Gruden is like fox. fox has been to the SB one time and lost and has not been there since. Gruden the same. Gruden has had good and bad seasons like fox has. I for one don't want another fox want a be on this team coaching. The options right now for a new HC who has proven to build a team from the ground up and win is Denny Green former Vikings HC who won every year as there HC. But went to the Browns and really never did any good. Then we have Bill coward who pretty much has proven to build a team and win most of his carreer as the steelers HC. Then our other option is go after a unknown colleage HC and see what he can do.

Gruden= another Jox fox with just a mean look on his face instead.Gruden is like fox. fox has been to the SB one time and lost and has not been there since. Gruden the same. Gruden has had good and bad seasons like fox has. I for one don't want another fox want a be on this team coaching. The options right now for a new HC who has proven to build a team from the ground up and win is Denny Green former Vikings HC who won every year as there HC. But went to the Browns and really never did any good. Then we have Bill coward who pretty much has proven to build a team and win most of his carreer as the steelers HC. Then our other option is go after a unknown colleage HC and see what he can do.
denny green at the browns? lol. might wanna check that.

btw...where did denny coach before winning in minny? stanford. who's the coach there now? a guy who isn't really someone who is an "unknown" college HC. jim harbaugh.

denny green at the browns? lol. might wanna check that.

btw...where did denny coach before winning in minny? stanford. who's the coach there now? a guy who isn't really someone who is an "unknown" college HC. jim harbaugh.

:banghead: Sorry bro that was the Cards. Denny coached and no success with. Also what I mean by a unknown coach is. Is a colleage coach who has no NFl experience. But I wheather see the panthers bring in a proven coach like bill coword. Instead of bringing in a colleage coach who may are may not be the answer to panther problems. If we are going to loss. We mind well bring in a coach who will give carolina panthers a chance to win aleast.:D

all winning coaches came out of nowhere.

how many coaches who have won superbowls with one team have gone on to win one somewhere else?

i think cowher is the best of the retreads but i don't want any of them here. i want to start with a fresh one to be competitive.

Wait... Gruden? Sorry for cussing but WHY THE f**k would we want Gruden when we dont have a QB? Do we really wanta 50 Quarterback carousel for the next 5 seasons here in Carolina?

Now, maybe if we had a franchise back i wouldn't mind seeing what he could do, but as it stands he would obliterate our team if we don't have a QB.

Rich 'fkin' Gannon....if you didnt get on the carousel then, then no need to get on the ride. We damn sure wouldnt be watching the Dehomme-go-round.

gruden wouldn't have gotten there had it not been for what dungy built and wouldn't have lasted nearly as long without kiffin.

Only reason I say Gruden is because he will put his foot on somebody's neck if the oppournity arises.... that kinda poo breeds a frenzy like sharks smellin blood...:D

i don't disagree that it might be time to move on but i think gruden would be the wrong direction and far from a long term fix.

don't want him here. not crazy about any retreads.

move forward.

Understood about a retread but dont want another 5 year crap shoot like Fox...experience counts.

Archived