• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Reasonable criticism of JR beyond the idiotic quips about hoping he dies already are entirely valid and should be discussed. The bizarre anti-player responses accusing franchise players of being spoiled greedy assholes getting Gettleman fired however are embarrassing.

Only fools are angry at the players....the anger here (for the most part) is directed straight to the top.

It's well within their rights to complain about getting paid, they can sit out of TC...although that's pretty stupid to consider now that the new CBA is in place...however, extending TD, as well as Olsen are not smart "football moves".

DG knew this, and JR does as well...but you know what?  BOA sells out every single Sunday, so who cares how many fans you piss off....as long as daddy is happy.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Only fools are angry at the players....the anger here (for the most part) is directed straight to the top.

It's well within their rights to complain about getting paid, they can sit out of TC...although that's pretty stupid to consider now that the new CBA is in place...however, extending TD, as well as Olsen are not smart "football moves".

DG knew this, and JR does as well...but you know what?  BOA sells out every single Sunday, so who cares how many fans you piss off....as long as daddy is happy.

I would have to firmly disagree about extending Olsen and TD a few more seasons being bad football moves as long as the contracts are not unreasonable. We still have Cam and Luke in their primes. The time is now.

Just now, TheRed said:

I would have to firmly disagree about extending Olsen and TD a few more seasons being bad football moves as long as the contracts are not unreasonable. We still have Cam and Luke in their primes. The time is now.

Why exactly would you do it now?

10 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

They have every right. The future is bleak. Someone will be burned. I prefer it to be Richardson but TD and Olsen will likely have to suffice to the masses.

Whaaaaa, the sky is falling. So many chicken little dicks on this forum revealing themselves.

I mean the same "woe is me" people on here right now are the same ones complaining about "Dolla Store Dave" during the free agency period. The same ones that raised holy hell when 89 was released. 

Y'all can't have it both ways. DG did a damn good job getting us out of cap hell. He picked up some decent talent along the way, and now, he's like a fart in the wind. Y'all make it sound like we are banned from ever having another competent GM. I refuse to believe that this season is tanked because of DG's firing. We have too much talent. Also, I refuse to pass judgement on this decision until A NEW GM IS IN PLACE. Hell, we might just get an upgrade at the spot...you never know until a name is announced. 

So please, the discussion is nice (especially in the off season) but some of you need to calm your tits and get off the ledge. It's gonna be ok :) 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Olsen sure. I see him worth 10-12mil! TD? Give a REALLY GOOD Christmas present, let his contract play out and move on!!!

Just now, TheRed said:

By all accounts it has been discussed throughout the offseason, it's not like Olsen and TD decided they wanted extensions a few days ago or else.

My point....why should DG have been in a hurry to sign those two, when he's likely trying to get a deal done with Trai, Norwell, or Star?

Why worry about 1 player that has two years left on his deal, and another that has claimed many many times that he will never play for another football team, and vows to retire a Panther.

You want to extend them...do it late in the season.  After you have seen if they will stay healthy and productive at increasing ages.

Signing Cam, Luke, KK, all smart football moves...this one?  Nah.  But the owner forced his hand, and will likely get burned for it.

5 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Whaaaaa, the sky is falling. So many chicken little dicks on this forum revealing themselves.

Funny thing is, these are the same chicken littles who get on any and everyone who have had a similar reaction in the past. The same ones who feel they are superior or above the fray, are the ones freaking out. Maybe we all should do like they used to do everyone else and tell them to go root for another team

Archived