• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

Is it too crazy to think that this had more to do with guys like Morrison and Beane leaving after being with the franchise for so long? Beane had been with the team for 19 years and after only a few years of Gettleman left for Buffalo. 

Front office turmoil usually stays behind closed doors but I'm leaning more towards that then JR firing Gettleman for not handing out fat contracts to vets. 

10 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Translated: "Gettleman hardballed Greg and I so we got his ass fired. We don't want to be held accountable for our actions, but look forward to holding Big Cat ransom moving forward."

basically

the next GM is going to be in the worst negotiating spot possible when he tries to deal with these two. "hey, here's our ridiculous contract demands, oh and by the way, the last guy that tried to play hardball with us got fired, just saying". goodluck trying to hammer out a reasonable deal under these circumstances

24 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Translated: "Gettleman hardballed Greg and I so we got his ass fired. We don't want to be held accountable for our actions, but look forward to holding Big Cat ransom moving forward."

I wouldn't have fired Gettleman personally, at least not right now with all the uncertainty surrounding our upcoming season.

But this irrational ire toward players, and even guys like TD and Olsen as if they were actively conspiring to get Gettleman fired is really on Saints fans levels of douchebaggery. You guys need to log out for awhile.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I wouldn't have fired Gettleman personally, at least not right now with all the uncertainty surrounding our upcoming season.

But this irrational ire toward players, and even guys like TD and Olsen as if they were actively conspiring to get Gettleman fired is really on Saints fans levels of douchebaggery. You guys need to log out for awhile.

Yeah because it's really normal for a GM to be fired 1 week away from training camp. The two of them clearly had issues and bitched to Richardson. Richardson fired Gettleman.

Archived