• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Funny thing is, these are the same chicken littles who get on any and everyone who have had a similar reaction in the past. The same ones who feel they are superior or above the fray, are the ones freaking out. Maybe we all should do like they used to do everyone else and tell them to go root for another team

Joined date: April 22, 2017

Just now, thefuzz said:

My point....why should DG have been in a hurry to sign those two, when he's likely trying to get a deal done with Trai, Norwell, or Star?

Why worry about 1 player that has two years left on his deal, and another that has claimed many many times that he will never play for another football team, and vows to retire a Panther.

You want to extend them...do it late in the season.  After you have seen if they will stay healthy and productive at increasing ages.

Signing Cam, Luke, KK, all smart football moves...this one?  Nah.  But the owner forced his hand, and will likely get burned for it.

Dave should have offered a deal to Trai, Norwell, and Star at least a year earlier. This is his own problem, and one that he's shown throughout his tenure in Carolina. He bets on players to have a down year instead of getting a contract down before they breakout. He did it with Hardy, and Norman as well.

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

Dave should have offered a deal to Trai, Norwell, and Star at least a year earlier. This is his own problem, and one that he's shown throughout his tenure in Carolina. He bets on players to have a down year instead of getting a contract down before they breakout. He did it with Hardy, and Norman as well.

This is as wrong as possible.

Just now, mjligon said:

Dawg, I've been on here since 2008. I've been on this board probably longer than you. I see your all butt hurt and emotional, but next time any other fan on here has a gripe about what the team is doing, and you feel like they're being silly...just remember how you're being now. 

Also, what does my join date have to do with anything? You think you have clout on here lmao or that's what you're after?

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

My point....why should DG have been in a hurry to sign those two, when he's likely trying to get a deal done with Trai, Norwell, or Star?

Why worry about 1 player that has two years left on his deal, and another that has claimed many many times that he will never play for another football team, and vows to retire a Panther.

You want to extend them...do it late in the season.  After you have seen if they will stay healthy and productive at increasing ages.

Signing Cam, Luke, KK, all smart football moves...this one?  Nah.  But the owner forced his hand, and will likely get burned for it.

I'm interested to hear how negotiations have gone with Turner in particular, who's stock is only rising. Especially considering how tense things got with Short before his extension, and after what happened with Norman. There is precedent to wonder if negotiating style and pride were getting in the way not just with players, but with Gettleman himself as well. I guess we'll find out.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Dawg, I've been on here since 2008. I've been on this board probably longer than you. I see your all butt hurt and emotional, but next time any other fan on here has a gripe about what the team is doing, and you feel like they're being silly...just remember how you're being now. 

Also, what does my join date have to do with anything? You think you have clout on here lmao or that's what you're after?

No you haven't idiot I've been here since 2008 and you are just another random worthless alt account 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Hahaha, oh yes... until the depth starts suffering and we extend all of our aging vets and go to cap hell again.

Then maybe Gettleman should learn that having the LEAST AMOUNT OF DRAFTED PLAYERS IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE is a bad thing.

People keep bringing up how Gettleman was following "the Patriot way", but that couldn't be further from the truth. The Patriots value many picks, Gettleman doesn't. The Panthers have had the fewest amount of drafted players since he's been in Carolina. This alone has caused problems at multiple positions. Every year a new position group was a problem. Offensive line, wide receiver, defensive backs. The amount of holes he had to fill with overpaid veterans such as Ed Dickson, Cason, DeCoud, ect, ect ect, was obscene.

The Panthers under Marty Hurney however took the Patriots apraoch and rarely had less than 8 drafted players per year.

6 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Can you verify that he didn't?

Archived