• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

Just now, Gin and Juice said:

The day of major news hardly counts as rumblings and you are just making up poo. There were no rumblings of Gman being fired a week before training camp

Oh so you agree then? Since there were no rumblings about contracts I'm correct?

1 minute ago, thebigcat said:

the kicker to all this is once he is signed until 40, Ron Rivera or whoever the coach is won't have a choice other than to play him and keep Shaq on the bench

That's ridiculous.

Maybe we shouldn't have picked another linebacker in the first? Why aren't we having this discussion. Shaq Thompson while have potential was at the time a wasted pick. The amount being paid for Shaq's rookie contract was overpaying for a backup as well.

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Is it too crazy to think that this had more to do with guys like Morrison and Beane leaving after being with the franchise for so long? Beane had been with the team for 19 years and after only a few years of Gettleman left for Buffalo. 

Front office turmoil usually stays behind closed doors but I'm leaning more towards that then JR firing Gettleman for not handing out fat contracts to vets. 

No, its not crazy at all.

In fact I don't think it is specifically a binary choice (i.e. this or that)  I think it may be a combination of the two.  I am of the opinion that there were front office problems as well as player issues that contributed to this.  The TD thing is a convenient in the media detail.  While this could have been the catalyst for the ouster I dont think it was a simple difference of opinion that led to it.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I've had disagreements with AggieLean/Kakarot, but he's a good dude and very knowledgeable about our team. Some of you guys need to ease up and stop trying to eat your own just because Gettleman is gone.

Man, no offense, but you don't have to stick up for or try to protect me. I'm more than capable of going toe to toe with a clown like him, whether it's in an argument or anything else for that matter. I appreciate it though, as I believe you're a good guy. Truthfully, I don't need for folks on here to know or think I'm a good or bad guy. I don't know anyone on here personally, as I come here to speak my opinion on my favorite team and that's it.

Me creating alt accounts? Lol that would be lame as hell, and one thing I am not is lame or some duck. 

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Man, no offense, but you don't have to stick up for or try to protect me. I'm more than capable of going toe to toe with a clown like him, whether it's in an argument or anything else for that matter. I appreciate it though, as I believe you're a good guy. Truthfully, I don't need for folks on here to know or think I'm a good or bad guy. I don't know anyone on here personally, as I come here to speak my opinion on my favorite team and that's it.

Me creating alt accounts? Lol that would be lame as hell, and one thing I am not is lame or some duck. 

But You are lame

Archived