• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Contract Details: Panthers gave Trai Turner a 4-year $45M extension, including $20.5M gtd averaging $11.25 per year

Saca312

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

No. Signing bonus doesn't count against the cap.

A portion of it does, though to what degree/amount is variable per year upon the structure of the contract. The signing bonus is just paid out up front and its entire balance prorated against the cap over the life of the contract.

27 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

the fact that he wasn't signed up until DG's firing and we're only a week away from training camp shows Hurney had a lot to do with it. You don't hear of many signings this late in the off season aside from rookie contracts

Voth confirmed it was Gettleman who set this up.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

When the contract was negotiated before he got here, it says nothing at all.

The point why I was asking was Davis, Olsen and Turner was going to get extended. Do you think DG would extend Turner first before Davis and Olsen?

3 minutes ago, beastson said:

The point why I was asking was Davis, Olsen and Turner was going to get extended. Do you think DG would extend Turner first before Davis and Olsen?

Given that he's the one who negotiated this deal, I'd have to say the answer to that is obvious.

5 minutes ago, beastson said:

Well Voth reported that Davis and Turner's deals were pretty much laid out...so we were actively working on those two and they'd have been announced regardless of who the GM is.

I'm unsure that we were even engaged/working with Olsen...and that may be the biggest reason that DG is no longer here. 

Archived