• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Statement win from United.

Ran ragged all over the Hammers today with a 4-0 win. There wasn't one player that looked out of place.

Well...  they better.  West Ham is probably the worst team in EPL and they were missing half the starters.  I honestly was shocked it was only 2-0 on 80th minute.

14 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Well...  they better.  West Ham is probably the worst team in EPL and they were missing half the starters.  I honestly was shocked it was only 2-0 on 80th minute.

While they were missing some starters, relying on players like Andy Carroll will cost them no matter what and at the end you still have to perform. And they are no where near the worst. They are a mid table team and have been since they made it back to the premier league in 2012.

14 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

While they were missing some starters, relying on players like Andy Carroll will cost them no matter what and at the end you still have to perform. And they are no where near the worst. They are a mid table team and have been since they made it back to the premier league in 2012.

They were missing  way more starters than just Andy Carroll. They finished 5 points away from being in 17 place last season.  They were the worst GD team outside teams that got relegated.  Calling this a statement win is a joke.  Luckily who ever put together schedule for ManUre, made sure they have a cake walk schedule until mid October.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

They were missing  way more starters than just Andy Carroll. They finished 5 points away from being in 17 place last season.  They were the worst GD team outside teams that got relegated.  Calling this a statement win is a joke.  Luckily who ever put together schedule for ManUre, made sure they have a cake walk schedule until mid October.

You still have to perform is my point. While the EPL doesn't have as much parity as say the NFL and NHL. It does have more than a league like the NBA. Burnley is a prime example of that. Situations arise that are in and out of control of the team and the teams have to adapt. United made sure there was no doubt today. To my knowledge they created the most chances out of any team in the EPL this week.

I get it, no one likes to give United credit and that's fine but any outsider could see that they looked damn good today. That score line could have easily been 6-0. Rashford had a post and Zabaleta made a desperation slide to save what was sure to be a Lukaku hattrick.

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You still have to perform is my point. While the EPL doesn't have as much parity as say the NFL and NHL. It does have more than a league like the NBA. Burnley is a prime example of that. Situations arise that are in and out of control of the team and the teams have to adapt. United made sure there was no doubt today. To my knowledge they created the most chances out of any team in the EPL this week.

I get it, no one likes to give United credit and that's fine but any outsider could see that they looked damn good today. That score line could have easily been 6-0. Rashford had a post and Zabaleta made a desperation slide to save what was sure to be a Lukaku hattrick.

I'll leave something for you to look at.

IMG_3724.PNG

IMG_3725.PNG

9 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I'll leave something for you to look at.

IMG_3724.PNG

IMG_3725.PNG

Arsenal played well and I never said they didn't. LCFC was only in the game because they converted there chances. I didn't realize Arsenal that many chances and that's my mistake.

At the same time to say United did not look superb today would be ignoring facts.

You mentioned that the Hammers were only 5 points from 17th last year, Leicester was only 4.

Anyone who watched United play could tell they were dominant. West Ham only had one shot on goal and most of their possession was them simply dinking the ball around the back. Every time the Hammers tried to go on the attack, Matic was there to regain possession. Offensively, this was the most creative United have been in quite some time. 

I'm curious were you scoreboard watching or actually watching the game? Because no one in their right mind would right off United's performance as so-so.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Arsenal played well and I never said they didn't. LCFC was only in the game because they converted there chances. I didn't realize Arsenal that many chances and that's my mistake.

At the same time to say United did not look superb today would be ignoring facts.

You mentioned that the Hammers were only 5 points from 17th last year, Leicester was only 4.

Anyone who watched United play could tell they were dominant. West Ham only had one shot on goal and most of their possession was them simply dinking the ball around the back. Every time the Hammers tried to go on the attack, Matic was there to regain possession. Offensively, this was the most creative United have been in quite some time. 

I'm curious were you scoreboard watching or actually watching the game? Because no one in their right mind would right off United's performance as so-so.

I never said they did not looked good.  I said that game should not be taken as a statement for upcoming season.  Gotta play quality team to know if you are for real or not.

Different team, same result for United. Another 4-0 win.

Carried possession and play for most of the game as Swansea sat back and defended. 

When Swansea finally came out of their shell in the 80th minute, United buried them with 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Teams are going to slowly learn that you can't play for draws against this United team.

Anywho, great start to the season.

Swansea manager is a moron.  Literally threw the game...  In first half the game is basically 50/50 and United scored first goal on 45th minute from horrible defending by Swansea...  Moron (Swansea manager) panics and changes formation... leaving only 2 CBs to stop United counterattacks.  Where United thrives?  Counterattacks....  What did he do?  Moved defenders forward...  I'd fire his today if I was owner.

Archived