• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

On 10/22/2017 at 4:12 PM, Borat said:

Spurs and City are both legitimate CL/league contenders in my book. Don’t know if the former has the depth to push both fronts, but we’ll see. 

Cant wait to see that match up.  Not only does Harry Kane have the best name in the PL he is the top striker IMO.  He is in amazing form in every way.

On 10/22/2017 at 4:12 PM, Borat said:

Spurs and City are both legitimate CL/league contenders in my book. Don’t know if the former has the depth to push both fronts, but we’ll see. 

This.  Spurs are super healthy and lack depth.  City will likely win this season unless spurs manage to stay healthy.

24 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

This.  Spurs are super healthy and lack depth.  City will likely win this season unless spurs manage to stay healthy.

I think PSG will win the champs league just see it coming.   Call me crazy.  So no one thinks Man U can win the PL?  This race sb close.

26 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think PSG will win the champs league just see it coming.   Call me crazy.  So no one thinks Man U can win the PL?  This race sb close.

PSG is my second team and I can tell you they struggled against some crappy teams away.

32 minutes ago, Shocker said:

They've got to get healthier and figure something out on offense -- Mkhitaryan has been woeful as a #10, save for a few incredible displays (and Mata subpar on the right wing). I would shunt Mkhi out right (where his best, albeit still wildly inconsistent, form has occurred) and play Pogba as the most advanced member of a midfield 3 once he gets back. A world-class attacking signing is pretty much a forgone conclusion for next summer, IMO. 

Just now, Borat said:

They've got to get healthier and figure something out on offense -- Mkhitaryan has been woeful as a #10, save for a few incredible displays (and Mata subpar on the right wing). I would shunt Mkhi out right (where his best, albeit still wildly inconsistent, form has occurred) and play Pogba as the most advanced member of a midfield 3 once he gets back.

Mekhi and Mata are both aging players and are not very physical and slow.  United need a top CAM.

20 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Mekhi and Mata are both aging players and are not very physical and slow.  United need a top CAM.

They’re 28 & 29 and never relied upon athleticism. A more pressing issue than age, I think, is that neither is very good.

Ozil would be a decent shout on a free, but I think he’s most likely to re-up with Arsenal. It’ll be Griezmann, or the like, IMO, along with a true winger and another starting fullback. 

Archived