• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Destiny 2

d-dave

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

so its worth playing again? I got bored before the second expansion came out. just couldnt stand the drag anymore. 

TONS of bounties. No wasted space or features anymore. Like was pointed out, Lost Sectors have a purpose other than a chest at the end. The Horde mode is still mostly pointless because i've yet to see any decent rewards for it, but other than that everything else is great. Fell back in love with this game after bailing between Curse of Osiris and Warmind.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

forsaken is akin to what TTK was for destiny 1. aka they finally made the game good again

pisses me off what they did with the first year of destiny 2

My issue is the story and consistency. Curse of Osiris had HUGE potential to tell a great story. They could've tied it into Destiny 1 events and had a great, great addition to the lore. Instead, we got what we got and saw actual Osiris once interacting with our character. Kinda bummed me out. As a Warlock myself, I absolutely was looking forward to destroying stuff with a legend like Osiris and that just never came to pass. It's much like Hunters feel with never really getting a chance to interact live with Cayde aside from a couple of set pieces. 

Destiny is all about the long-game, which I get.  They want you to invest so that you feel vindicated in spending the money over the course of a year. Get it. But why hide 2/3 of the game behind a paywall when you could easily just half it? Release vanilla Destiny 2 with Curse of Osiris as an update at the time they released it for free. Either do the same for Warmind or put Warmind with Forsaken in the back-half of the game behind a $40 or $50 paywall and call it good.

I'll tell you why they don't do that. They know hardcore Destiny fans such as myself will eventually buy it. They were right, I did and love that I did. Just frustrated at the investment it took to get to it. They also know that some people who are interested will get the game late, just like with The Taken King and that will possibly hook them for the next Destiny title release. What happened a week before Forsaken released? Destiny 2 is free for PS Plus subscribers and you catch people paying for Forsaken rationalizing that the game is "cheap", only to realize you need Curse of Osiris and Warmind to play it, so it comes out to being a regularly priced game. 

I get it. And this will likely not change despite the fact that guys like My Name is Byf, Datto, and other prominent Destiny YouTubers have all criticized this business plan as well as the community at large. There are 2 more Destiny title released forthcoming between now and 2024, so I doubt you see a change. In fact, get ready for the real frustration when Destiny 4 is 3 months from release and they release a complete edition with the first 3 titles + all DLC included as well as Destiny 4 preorder for something like $120. I'm almost guaranteeing that that happens.

Warlock I was initially pissed when I choose the solar one bc I didn't read and didn't realize you don't get more than one seed. 

But now that I've committed I'm so glad I did. Finally, a non attacking support class akin to the titan bubble in destiny 1. I don't need anymore attacking I have nova bombs and stormtrance for that 

really enjoying it but the last two days my connection has been awful 

Ascendant Challenges on Dreaming City are incredibly difficult due to me being underpowered. At 516 light because of my powerful gear not helping me with good armor drops until recently anyway). I'm hopeful that I can get to 530 before Friday night but that'll be tough. I am getting 522 pieces though so it's not out of the question.

3 hours ago, lightsout said:

Ascendant Challenges on Dreaming City are incredibly difficult due to me being underpowered. At 516 light because of my powerful gear not helping me with good armor drops until recently anyway). I'm hopeful that I can get to 530 before Friday night but that'll be tough. I am getting 522 pieces though so it's not out of the question.

yep haven't tried yet but I think I'm about a 521 or 522 now, so maybe I will be able to soon

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

yep haven't tried yet but I think I'm about a 521 or 522 now, so maybe I will be able to soon

This week's is doable at my level. But no mistakes. You on PS4? If so we can try it. I may have a third which could make it quicker. Basically you can't get hit by a knight in the ascendant because it's a one-shot. It's not that the challenge is hard mechanically, but if you get caught you're screwed. 

10 hours ago, lightsout said:

This week's is doable at my level. But no mistakes. You on PS4? If so we can try it. I may have a third which could make it quicker. Basically you can't get hit by a knight in the ascendant because it's a one-shot. It's not that the challenge is hard mechanically, but if you get caught you're screwed. 

unfortunately xbox else id loved to run it with yall

Anyone lining up for Raid day?  I'm not!  

So I was at home with a sick dog yesterday and ran through the first set of Baron's to kill.  They were actually pretty fun, and somewhat unique.   I think they will be much better on Heroic though.  I hit 50/501 yesterday.  Once you get 400 light, you start flying up the power levels.  Cool!

I can't wait to wrap up the campaign, possibly tonight so I can go do more Gambit and other powerful gear rewards.  I really feel like Destiny is Back!

Oh, and Way of the Missile is probably the most fun I've had with a super....  SO GOOD!

On 9/13/2018 at 3:57 AM, lightsout said:

ok I soloed that poo, which is impressive bc I kinda suck. and I DIDNT get the bounty to work AND the chest dropped something 8 light level below me 

WTF bungie 

Archived