• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have Jerry Richardson to "thank"

Mark S

Why are you guys talking about 2015/16...this thread is about JR. The topic years at hand are 1995-2017, think about that.

I am very curious, as to those who defend JR tooth and nail and tend to blame players, GMs and coaches...I ask you this.

Why are the Carolina Panthers in the bottom 33% of the entire NFL in W/L ration, including post season games since the beginning of the team's existence?

31 minutes ago, TN05 said:

You guys are seriously predicting we're doomed because we cut a project fullback who wasn't going to play and our QB3, extended a franchise legend for a reasonable rate, held on to four running backs (two power backs and two scatbacks), and has two kickers presumably temporarily.

Meanwhile you bent over backwards to justify everything Gettleman did, from gutting our entire wide receiver corps in 2014 to cutting Josh Norman for no other reason than to prove he has a bigger d*ck. Cutting Steve Smith and treating him and others like garbage was fine, but how dare we cut Joe Webb. WTF?

Our quarterback and star linebacker, the best in the league, are healthy. We have an exciting rookie back ready to tear up the league. Our front seven looks better than ever. Our starting corner is poised for a breakout year and we actually have depth beyond rookies now. Our offensive line looks stout. Damiere Byrd finally got a shot and looks ready to contribute, something that never happened under Gettleman...

and in all this you are b*tching and moaning about the literal bottom two or three guys on our roster. You guys are pathetic. Get a grip.

I've called us the most talented team in the league.  I have a lot of numbers and my eyeballs to back this up.

But the decision to keep Gano surpasses even the wildest imagination of mind numbing stupidity.  How can you trust a regime, that, as of now, appears willing to roll with such stupidity?  You can't.

Droopy Jerry brought a team here-yay.  But for over two decades-a lot of money and energy have been invested by many.  The league over team BS was always annoying at best-what's going on now is just mind numbing.

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

You get it my man. Congratulations on being part of the small group of this fan base who is actually capable of thinking for themselves. You aren't a sheep who blindly follows every single move Jerry makes just because he brought a team to Charlotte.

Jerry is a cancer to this franchise and will continue to be every single day for the rest of his tenure as owner. He has shown he is incapable of changing. He had a great 3 year run where he stayed out of the football operations, but the second he found the slightest reason to swoop in, he fired the best GM this franchise has ever had for absolutley no reason.

The future is bleak under this awful owner and only getting worse as he continues to surround himself with yes men.

Much appreciated. I just wish it could be different because this team has so much talent across its roster and it just feels like it's all going to waste.

Those who disagree just don't understand the simple logistics of running a team/business. 

My intention of this thread was not to make everyone feel doomed for the future because I consider myself as a generally optimistic fan.

But, I think it should be more open and addressed when enough is enough and the black and blue goggles just have to be taken off. 

I had real high hopes going into this season... I even used the phrases "return to dominance" and "rest of the NFL doesn't realize what's fixin to happen to them".. a few times. Not all braggadocio, simply quiet confidence when talking to other fans. That confidence has slowly leaked away.. I wasn't in the fire Gman camp or the other way either, I roll with it, enjoy it when I can and suck it up when I've to... I felt like there was a really good opportunity for the 2017 Panthers to straight devour the opposition in every game on the menu... 

its all gone, all the quiet confidence, all my high hopes... I'm at a meh, see what happens kind of outlook... I hope I'm proven wrong, I want the success I hope the team has, but recent decisions leave me scratching my head... like I did for years a few years ago... familiarity is a bitch...

1 minute ago, j2sgam said:

I had real high hopes going into this season... I even used the phrases "return to dominance" and "rest of the NFL doesn't realize what's fixin to happen to them".. a few times. Not all braggadocio, simply quiet confidence when talking to other fans. That confidence has slowly leaked away.. I wasn't in the fire Gman camp or the other way either, I roll with it, enjoy it when I can and suck it up when I've to... I felt like there was a really good opportunity for the 2017 Panthers to straight devour the opposition in every game on the menu... 

its all gone, all the quiet confidence, all my high hopes... I'm at a meh, see what happens kind of outlook... I hope I'm proven wrong, I want the success I hope the team has, but recent decisions leave me scratching my head... like I did for years a few years ago... familiarity is a bitch...

People that thought or think that my Gano disease references were overly dramatic, funny, or weren't to be taken literally-read the above post.

This MORONIC self inflicted disease has and will spread to every part of the organization.

This thread is just more of the same negative drivel that's pervaded the Huddle since low level personnel moves. 

@Jeremy Igo, perhaps a whole forum to Chicken Littles is in order for people to vent about how a senile Jerry Richardson is allowing a Machiavellian Hurney to purposefully destroy the franchise while clueless but loyal to a fault Ron is driving the ignorant fans that remain firmly entrenched in the bandwagon into a black hole forever and evermore.

Wait! That just might be the general forum unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Why are you guys talking about 2015/16...this thread is about JR. The topic years at hand are 1995-2017, think about that.

I am very curious, as to those who defend JR tooth and nail and tend to blame players, GMs and coaches...I ask you this.

Why are the Carolina Panthers in the bottom 33% of the entire NFL in W/L ration, including post season games since the beginning of the team's existence?

Maybe I understanding this wrong, but the Panthers Regular Season record since existence is 172-179-1 and Post Season is 9-7. Other than 3 seasons in 1998, 2001, and 2010 where they had horrible records they had mostly mediocre records. Throw in a few years of having above average records in 1996, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2013, and the fantastic record in 2015. I really think the inconsistency the team has shown over the years to not put together a string of great seasons is what concerns me the most and the mediocrity of most of the seasons. I can easily see that being the bottom 33% being turning around quickly with a string of good seasons. Will that happen I don't know. They have to stop with the mediocre 6-10, 7-9, and 8-8 records.

Just now, Mark S said:

Much appreciated. I just wish it could be different because this team has so much talent across its roster and it just feels like it's all going to waste.

Those who disagree just don't understand the simple logistics of running a team/business. 

Unfortunately things will never change. Our fan base is a very passive fan base for the most part. Charlotte isn't like the northeast when it comes to passion for pro teams. And you can forget the media, every single WFNZ personality and Observer writer would get eaten alive in New York or Philly. They refuse to be negative and rather gain easy access to the franchise opposed to doing their job.

Unfortunatley there aren't many people willing to hold Jerry accountable. The way the Gettleman news was covered was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen. Joe Person and David Newton could not have been more useless. Jordan Roudrigue, for the amount of love she gets on these boards, avoided mentioning Jerry's name like it was the plague.

We just need to be patient and hope our next owner will be better. He honestly couldn't possibly have a lower bar set.

11 minutes ago, j2sgam said:

I definitely feel that gradual loss of confidence as well. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This thread is just more of the same negative drivel that's pervaded the Huddle since low level personnel moves. 

@Jeremy Igo, perhaps a whole forum to Chicken Littles is in order for people to vent about how a senile Jerry Richardson is allowing a Machiavellian Hurney to purposefully destroy the franchise while clueless but loyal to a fault Ron is driving the ignorant fans that remain firmly entrenched in the bandwagon into a black hole forever and evermore.

Wait! That just might be the general forum unfortunately. 

I really don't want to burn bridges because I just joined here, but you are correct and this is not the sort of thing I really expected to see a lot of when I joined. Hell I have seen pretty much mostly negative talk about the team instead of positive talk. I understand that fans get frustrated over things and that is fine, but this is our team like it or leave it. Many of you may not like what I just said but it is the way I feel. I may not like every move the team makes, but in the end I am 100% behind them and always will be. So like me or not for speaking my opinion that is the way I feel as a fan of the team I love.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Eh, it's been a long off-season.

Panthers can squash all of it by coming out Sunday and dominating the 49ers.

Even if we play well this season, what is there to say about the future of this team? I have zero faith in any long term decisions made by Hurney. 

Archived