• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutting Webb did not go over well in the locker room, per Joe Person

PhillyB

8 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I believe the team was hoping the competition would light a fire under Gano. The team really wanted him to show out, and win the job in good fashion. Unfortunately, it seems as though we still have the same ol Gano. He ain't the worst, but he is far from the best. So some folks are all up in arms about him still hanging around.

Also, if Gano is on the roster come the 1st game, his salary kicks in. So now we have a kicker most folks don't even want. With a salary that is far to large for what you may get. Folks are hoping that we get a trade offer for Gano, or outright cut him before he hits the books.

I would be completely surprised if we have 2 kickers on the roster come game time. But hey, this is the Panthers we are talking about. Anything is possipable.

I hope you are correct that Gano will be cut or traded, but I don't see any teams knocking down the door for him and also the Panthers said Gano will be the kicker in Week 1. This could possibly be a smoke screen, but it certainly looks like there will be 2 kickers on this team in Week 1. 

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

A possible trade is the only reason we are carrying 2 kickers.

If not tomorrow, or by next Tuesday/Wednesday, then we will probably cut bait and move on

I understand that. Don't see it happening this close to the start of Week 1, but you never know. I really think week 1 is going to be the last audition for Gano if he hits all the FG's and looks good Butker gets cut, if Gano misses even 1 kick he is gone.

27 minutes ago, Cats Pride said:

I understand that. Don't see it happening this close to the start of Week 1, but you never know. I really think week 1 is going to be the last audition for Gano if he hits all the FG's and looks good Butker gets cut, if Gano misses even 1 kick he is gone.

Only problem with that, if Gano is on the roster for game 1 his salary is guaranteed for the entire year.

58 minutes ago, Marguide said:

Only problem with that, if Gano is on the roster for game 1 his salary is guaranteed for the entire year.

Which means if he's on the roster for game 1 he's staying no matter what.  They will not cut him, so this little game they are playing is foolish to put it mildly.   You either trade or cut one of the now and move on.  It's that simple.  But Ron and Hurney are playing checkers.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:47 PM, Wolfcop said:

They are allowed to care. Then they are allowed to get over it and realize this is a business and to go earn their ridiculous paychecks. 95% of each of them will one day be cut as well. The rest will retire before their paycheck outweighs their talent. 

When you work for a company you see making horrible business decisions over a period of time, what is your instinct? Find another company to work for because the ship is going to start to sink sooner rather than later. 

The main criticism of Hurney from fans here beyond his drafting history outside of round 1 was the alleged buddy culture he proliferated by overpaying guys or paying guys underperforming just because they were well liked or pals.

If you were one of those fans, and are now throwing your arms in the air over Joe Webb, just please sit down and stop embarrassing yourself.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The main criticism of Hurney from fans here beyond his drafting history outside of round 1 was the alleged buddy culture he proliferated by overpaying guys or paying guys underperforming just because they were well liked or pals.

If you were one of those fans, and are now throwing your arms in the air over Joe Webb, just please sit down and stop embarrassing yourself.

The majority here contradict themselves daily and don't even know it

Archived