• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking Down CMC In The Passing Game

Saca312

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I agree that he has a bright future in the league and on this team. These numbers are just that, numbers not predictors. At this point his success or lack of success is more a function of the gameplanning against him more than an indication of his ability.

And therein lies the rub. We need to game plan against the game planning, and if history is any indication (insert Broncos post Superbowl quote here), don't hold your breath.

Just now, xav8tor said:

And therein lies the rub. We need to game plan against the game planning, and if history is any indication (insert Broncos post Superbowl quote here), don't hold your breath.

yeah that's the key. panthers can own the regular season regularly, but then taking a regular season gameplan deep into the playoffs won't work.

39 minutes ago, NeedSumD said:

Yeah in case you haven't figured it out by now this is the anti Carolina Huddle the pro Carolina huddle is down the street on the right.

It's cool to be the most angry hating fan here. I tried to explain to my coworkers in the midwest who follow the Bears and Bengals the attitude here. Showing them some of the threads here they called us ingrates. 

7 hours ago, xav8tor said:

I get the difference between that stat and catch rate, but didn't I read somewhere that CMC was leading the league after week two in targets to completions as well? Something like 80%? Regardless, it's pretty clear from his pedigree that he was going to be a stellar receiver, and I'm ready to go out on a limb and say that he's got what it takes in the NFL. If he fails at receiving, it won't be due to a lack of ability, that's for damn sure.

I am not even close to tossing in the towel on his running either. What I've seen so far in terms of gains has little to do with capability. First and foremost, we have a predictability problem. All but a few here can see that as plain as their own reflection in a mirror. Second, the OL isn't getting it done. Third, we've been inconsistent in additional blocking help (TE, FB, etc.).

For those, and probably a few more reasons, defenders are closing in on him before he can do his thing. He's not a powerback to be used to plow his own row. CMC's YPC, and for that matter, some of the YAC, are going to depend on plays designed to allow him to use his extreme advantage as an elusive runner. He needs space, but not a lot, just a little hole within reach. He's frequently not getting it. Whether that's due to poor execution or run play design I don't know, but like a lot of people, if I had to make a hefty bet on it, I'd put my money on the latter.

You did, but, as Reddit NFL says, that was a misleading title. That 80% was the best for a panthers receiver in that game, not the entire NFL.

Yeah way too early to make a determination about anybody on the offense, esp. a rookie in an offense where the QB didn't get to practice at all over the off season and missing their center for one game.

Archived