• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last Jedi

twylyght

23 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

I really liked the first Matrix because it was unique, not because it had 200 Agent Smiths on a screen at the same time. The later movies had some good scenes but mostly it was just a bunch of fighting where everyone just gets up and does it again. They were amazing technically but that's about it.

I loved the first Matrix film. The sequels were okay but were ultimately a let down. Reason being is because my imagination and ideas of what the matrix was became narrowed and pigeon holed by the sequels. The first one leaves the audience in a huge sense of wonder about what this universe really is.

i think the sequels would have faired better if they explored the idea that the “real world” was another level of the matrix. A means for humanity to resist and get their frustration out while still being controlled.

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Phantom Menace was a kids movie imo.  Suited for 8-12 year olds.  But then, so was Return of the Jedi.  I did like revenge of the Sith. 

Revenge of the Sith had way less talking.  Lucas should be banned from having anything to do with plot or dialogue.

8 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Because every good kids movie starts with a block of text describing a trade dispute.

https://starwarsanon.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/the-phantom-menace-for-a-young-audience/

George’s target was always the younger age group.  I am not sure he expected the dad and granddads to be so enthralled by it.  That’s how Jar Jar Binks came about as well.  People might forget this, but the kids loved Jar Jar when The Phantom Menace was released.  It was just the adults that couldn’t stand him [laughs].  But George always said he was making The Phantom Menace for a young audience

The Red Letter Media evisceration of the prequels should be required watching for anyone saying they are good movies. Sure you can still like them but they aren't good. There's a difference. Revenge of the Sith is the best of the bunch but they are all terrible movies with awful plot development, characters, dialogue and acting. When you get Natalie Portman to come off as wooden and insincere...that's a problem with the director and writing. She is a solid actor. The original trilogy has it's problems as well but they aren't as pronounced and the writing was better as Lucas actually had less to do with them...until RotJ (which is also terrible). There's basically an inverse connection between Lucas' involvement and the quality of the movie.

News flash: they ALL suck except for ESB.

Really. Go back and try to watch Return of the Jedi. EWOKS. Come on, man! TPM has little Anakin abd Jar Jar. Come on, man! Clone Wars was mushy and lame. ANH ... come on ... the acting is brutal.

TFA and RO are ... ok, I guess.

But really. Most people like the originals bc they saw them as kids. Let go of the nostalgia. The movies suck.

That said, I'm a huge fan and have a Gamorrean Guard tattooed on my leg. True story.

Archived