• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Is Happy With What The Offense Is Doing

bobsfoodbasics

9 minutes ago, HardcoreDefense said:

I'm wondering if CLT media just sat there with a straight face while he said this. Somebody should've laughed out loud when he said that with a serious face.

Perfect opportunity for that Rodrigue girl to rise from the ashes, squandered by a person with little to lose at this point, and potentially, a lot to gain. An old school hard nosed reporter with a no fear attitude could be just what the doctor ordered. It's been done before, but like so much else, HOW to go about it seems to be a lost art now.

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

But even with the good numbers you cited, we still should have scored more than 3 points. We lost to a team that only attempted 7 passes the entire game! Trubinsky's final stat line was 4-7/107 yards. He was sacked 4 times for 22 yards. that works out to a net passing total of 85 yards. The Bear rushing total for the game was 68 yards. They only ran 37 plays for the entire game. How can Rivera possibly be pleased with teams execution on offense?

I agree.  Chicago Offense was horrid.  Our numbers were significantly better.  That was my point.  Obviously 3 points isn't going to get it done, but we moved the ball - just shat ourselves with turnovers.  Without the turnovers, we win 17-3 or 13-3.  Not great, but a road win in the NFL ain't easy.

15 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I agree.  Chicago Offense was horrid.  Our numbers were significantly better.  That was my point.  Obviously 3 points isn't going to get it done, but we moved the ball - just shat ourselves with turnovers.  Without the turnovers, we win 17-3 or 13-3.  Not great, but a road win in the NFL ain't easy.

2 turnovers we should be able to overcome. You can't say without them we would win 17-13 or 13-3, we didn't score 1 TD. So you're looking at 3-3 game heading into OT.

2 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

Time of Possession=38 minutes.  300 yards, 20 first downs, and 1 penalty.  Those are good numbers against a good defense on the road.  Without the turnovers we win easy.

"""But that Redzone though...

refresh my memory, how many points did we score?

how  many of those series took a miracle throw or run by Newton on 3rd down ?

fail on first. Fail on second.  Cam, we need a miracle son, 3rd and 16

6 minutes ago, beastson said:

2 turnovers we should be able to overcome. You can't say without them we would win 17-13 or 13-3, we didn't score 1 TD. So you're looking at 3-3 game heading into OT.

3 turnovers.

We have momentum and a 1st and 10 at the Chicago 24 - Turnover.

We are driving again with a 1st and 10 at the Chicago 33, then 2 plays later - Turnover.

If we don't commit those turnovers, maybe we're up 9-3 or 10-3.  Then in the second half, we don't have to go for it on 4 and 2 at the Chicago 25.  More lost points.

The turnovers were the key to everything.

13 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

"""But that Redzone though...

refresh my memory, how many points did we score?

how  many of those series took a miracle throw or run by Newton on 3rd down ?

fail on first. Fail on second.  Cam, we need a miracle son, 3rd and 16

Answers to your questions...

• We scored 3 points.
  • In the first drive where we fumbled, we had one "miracle" throw of 17 yds to Benjamin on 3rd down to keep the drive going.
  • On the other drive where we had the pick 6, we only faced 1 third down, which was the pick.

Look - the Bears are an NFL team.  They have some talent.  They play hard.  If was going to be a low-scoring grind no matter what.  It's hard to spot a team 14 points on the road and expect to win.  Not only were we giving up points but we were in scoring position ourselves.  Each turnover was basically a 10 point swing.  We could probably overcome 1 of these but not two.

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

3 turnovers.

We have momentum and a 1st and 10 at the Chicago 24 - Turnover.

We are driving again with a 1st and 10 at the Chicago 33, then 2 plays later - Turnover.

If we don't commit those turnovers, maybe we're up 9-3 or 10-3.  Then in the second half, we don't have to go for it on 4 and 2 at the Chicago 25.  More lost points.

The turnovers were the key to everything.

You talked about 3 plays. This game didn't come down to those 3. We had a total of 11 drives. 3 were turnovers. 11-3 = 8 drives we didn't poo on

It's almost eerie how parallel the coaches of my favorite college and pro teams seem to act. Ron and Butch Jones sing the same old sad songs every week. Never blame the system; it's always about player execution and "missed opportunities." Never seem to learn from their mistakes. BJ is all but gone at the end of the year; Ron will find himself in the same situation if he doesn't change some things up on the offensive side.

14 minutes ago, beastson said:

You talked about 3 plays. This game didn't come down to those 3. We had a total of 11 drives. 3 were turnovers. 11-3 = 8 drives we didn't poo on

Don't waste your time.  These guys sounds just like Rivera, nothing but excuses.  They sound just like him.  Whaaa, we lost because we turned the ball over in the first half.

Never mind they couldn't do poo the rest of the game.  Pussies the lot of them.

Archived