• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamb needs to stay a starter..

WOW!!

Couldn't disagree more.. Batum is going to make things so much easier for Dwight/Kemba.. if anything, Batum slides to SF and Lamb stays at SG while MKG goes to the bench, but Clifford won't do that because you need MKG to do his best to guard the LeBrons, PG13s, Hardens, Durants, etc.. 

I agree that Lamb is doing amazing - he will be playing down the stretch in clutch minutes at SF when MKG is taken out for sure - but Batum aint going to the bench when he comes back.. no way

I feel like Lamb is exactly what that second unit needs and Batum is exactly what the 1st unit needs. Batum will work amazing with Kemba and Dwight. 

Lamb will be able to create offense off of Cody screens and take the pressure off Monk to be the scoring option for the 2nd unit. 

No way MKG should go to the bench. We need him to bring the defensive intensity early. Also I don't think he would be a good fit on that second unit. 

But I'm happy that Lamb looks so assertive. 

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

agree with everything except one thing.. MKG fits in anywhere.. he won't provide any scoring punch off the bench - but his game translates to any squad - anywhere.. defensive stalwarts are plug and play across the league.. 

interesting read:
http://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_featured/spreading-defensive-wings/

MKG is unique. I love him playing on dominant PGs. I think his ability really translates against those players. He also is great with help D. When he is going against great outside shooters his tendency to help can get him in trouble. 

I just think the way Cliff wants to establish defense first, we will continue to see MKG in the starting lineup. 

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Couldn't disagree more.. Batum is going to make things so much easier for Dwight/Kemba.. if anything, Batum slides to SF and Lamb stays at SG while MKG goes to the bench, but Clifford won't do that because you need MKG to do his best to guard the LeBrons, PG13s, Hardens, Durants, etc.. 

I agree that Lamb is doing amazing - he will be playing down the stretch in clutch minutes at SF when MKG is taken out for sure - but Batum aint going to the bench when he comes back.. no way

Batum is expected to be a scorer but acts like he is afraid to score.. Lamb is better at getting his own shot  off the dribble and a better all around scorer..  With Him and Kemba and Marvin you have 3 guys on the floor not afraid to shoot .. Which makes it easier for MKG to be the the glue/defender type and Dwight the enforcer..

I'm sorry Batum play making is a better fit with Monk and Frank off the bench.. He can run the offense instead of Monk messing up..Leaving Monk with the job of just scoring.. 

Reality Lamb is your second leading scorer now and maybe the 2nd best offensive player on the team ..

Why put that on the bench for a guy who is older and proven to be just a role player?

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Batum is expected to be a scorer but acts like he is afraid to score.. Lamb is better at getting his own shot  off the dribble and a better all around scorer..  With Him and Kemba and Marvin you have 3 guys on the floor not afraid to shoot .. Which makes it easier for MKG to be the the glue/defender type and Dwight the enforcer..

I'm sorry Batum play making is a better fit with Monk and Frank off the bench.. He can run the offense instead of Monk messing up..Leaving Monk with the job of just scoring.. 

Reality Lamb is your second leading scorer now and maybe the 2nd best offensive player on the team ..

Why put that on the bench for a guy who is older and proven to be just a role player?

You make some good points. I think you will see Batum play a lot with the 2nd unit but I still feel like he starts. Is that best thing for the team? That remains to be seen but I do feel like Lamb could do really good with the 2nd unit as well. 

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

cef2c278010a06fb0a80082cea3c3a9e7122a01c

He is the highest paid on the team.. He maybe the only 6'8 shooting guard in the league.. Which means he has size and length advantage most night he suits up.. He can post up hit mid range pass and shoot 3's.. Not only should he be the number 1 scorer on the team he should be our version of James Harden.. But again he doesn't have the will to do so..

Jeremy is younger with similar skills and way more aggressive on the offensive end..

So why not go with him..

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

We don't have to be the magic.. Especially when that only worked one season and when Howard was his most dominant which he isn't now..

Lamb is younger with more upside now.. Why not go with what is working now?

16 hours ago, WOW!! said:

1) He is the highest paid on the team..

2) He maybe the only 6'8 shooting guard in the league.. Which means he has size and length advantage most night he suits up.. He can post up hit mid range pass and shoot 3's..

3) Not only should he be the number 1 scorer on the team he should be our version of James Harden.. But again he doesn't have the will to do so..

4) Jeremy is younger with similar skills and way more aggressive on the offensive end..

So why not go with him..

1) Wrong - Howard is the highest paid player on the team.. took 2 secs to look that up..

2) Batum plays SG because we start MKG at the 3.. Batum's natural position is the 3 but because he can defend anyone 1-4, we put him in at 2 guard..

3) He should be the #1 scorer on the team..!?! and become our James Harden..!?!
Well then, I think because Marvin is our third highest paid player - he should be our version LaMarcus Aldridge.. he should hit those turnaround jumpers at will.. and MKG should be our Avery Bradley and get 10 more shots a game because he is next on the payroll..
That STINGY Kemba - all he does is steal shots from our much better players.. their contracts say it all..

4) by your logic - Lamb should just shut up and wait his turn becus he isn't paid enough.. and don't even think about starting.. jeesus..

-------------------------------

^^Obviously this is all BS.. Batum has averaged more shots here in Charlotte than he has his entire career = he has averaged +3.5 shots MORE than his average in Portland..

Look - just because Batum has a big contract does not mean he now has to become Kobe or fuggin James Hardenn (wtf).. He has to do what makes the team run best - and that is facilitate the ball, play solid defense and help defense, knock down a few 3pt shots at an efficient rate AND be our #2 guy behind Kemba.. Lamb is filling that Last role right now perfectly and I couldn't be happier.. when Batum comes back - More will be on his shoulders than just getting buckets like Lamb is expected to do..

Starting is kind of irrelevant in the NBA, I think our crunch time lineup should be 

Kemba 

Lamb

Batum

MKG 

Howard ......maybe Frank if we really need offense 

Eventually Monk would hopefully be able to crack that in place of Lamb

Archived