• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Come from behind win is exactly what we needed

Mr ocho nueve

We really needed this win of course, but you would never think we were going to win going into halftime. Reminded me of the Bears game week 2 last year. Stewart and Jake saved us 2nd half. Defense was relentless after halftime, I'm sure foxy gave a glorius halftime speech:D. I can't see why people are mad about this win or calling it lucky. We finished strong.

Reminded me almost 100% of the game vs the Bucs after the bye in 2006 on MNF I believe. They were 0-2, coming off the bye, Bucs were also 0-2. WHOLE FIRST HALF we were all saying, "THIS is how they look coming off a bye????!?!?!?!" Somehow they pulled out a very ugly win though and avoided 0-3.

Is this a good football team? No. Are there a lot of things that need to improve? Yep. I am sure the players realize that also. But I intend to enjoy the feeling I had from watching them pull out the W and how happy they were.

Reminded me almost 100% of the game vs the Bucs after the bye in 2006 on MNF I believe. They were 0-2, coming off the bye, Bucs were also 0-2. WHOLE FIRST HALF we were all saying, "THIS is how they look coming off a bye????!?!?!?!" Somehow they pulled out a very ugly win though and avoided 0-3.

Is this a good football team? No. Are there a lot of things that need to improve? Yep. I am sure the players realize that also. But I intend to enjoy the feeling I had from watching them pull out the W and how happy they were.

Really this is how I feel also. I just dont think we have the talent to be more then 8-8. The middle of our D is still suspect and our Oline cant seem to run block for anything. I would feel alot better if our Offense was running the ball alot better then they are. Having Jake throw 70% of the time is still not what I want to see.

the "come from behind" win was our own fault. the defense only gave up 3 points when the offense didn't turn the ball over first on a 13 yard field then a 1 yard field.

a "come from behind" isn't exactly something to get all excited about when it was our own mistakes, against a very weak team, that put us in the position of having to come from behind in the first place. imagine if we give the saints or falcons an extra 14 points what the outcome would eventually be. heck, you don't have to imagine it, just think back to game 1 against the eagles. still excited???

if we play like we played today, against even mediocre teams for the rest of the season, we're going to get crushed. sure, we've got some easy games coming up and have a great shot at going 3 and 3 (i predict 5-11 overall) but being .500 through the easiest part of the 2nd toughest schedule in the league isn't something to get your panties all in a bunch over.

we won yes. but we didn't play well people. our offense played horrible. our offensive line was far worse then they had played last year.

We won in spite of the coaching.

Defensively, I'm not sure what more we could have asked for, they played extremely well. Special teams was also excellent today which was very different.

We were let down by coaching on offense, we called the wrong plays at the wrong time, and the playcalling never really let us get into a rhythm until late in the game.

the "come from behind" win was our own fault. the defense only gave up 3 points when the offense didn't turn the ball over first on a 13 yard field then a 1 yard field.

a "come from behind" isn't exactly something to get all excited about when it was our own mistakes, against a very weak team, that put us in the position of having to come from behind in the first place. imagine if we give the saints or falcons an extra 14 points what the outcome would eventually be. heck, you don't have to imagine it, just think back to game 1 against the eagles. still excited???

if we play like we played today, against even mediocre teams for the rest of the season, we're going to get crushed. sure, we've got some easy games coming up and have a great shot at going 3 and 3 (i predict 5-11 overall) but being .500 through the easiest part of the 2nd toughest schedule in the league isn't something to get your panties all in a bunch over.

we won yes. but we didn't play well people. our offense played horrible. our offensive line was far worse then they had played last year.

The turnovers will result in losses against better teams, if we continue to have them at the same rate as we did in the Skins game. Our defesne against the Skins would not have been crushed by any team in the NFL. The defense was about as good as I expect from cover-2 with the talent we have on the field.

The offense wasn't horrible, the turnovers were, but that can be corrected. I thought they executed well, but Gross was playing like he got payed off by the mob to help the Skins. I don't expect this team to make the playoffs, but our defense went from incompetent to competent, and that was fun to watch :lurk5:.

This whole notion that we shouldn't be happy because we only beat the Redskins is stupid. And if we played like this against the Saints we would have lost.

Each game stands on its own and is a function of the matchups on the field which changes each week. Last year when we went 12-4 we struggled against some poor teams like Detroit and Oakland. That had no bearing on how we played later on or whether we won or lost against better teams. The same logic applies this year as well.

OK, I'm sorry that I don't share the same optimism as everyone else, but SO WHAT. We beat Washington. A fellow bottom-feeder in the NFL. This win proves nothing but the simple fact that we barely beat a bottom-feeder in the NFL. We still have to play the Saints, Falcons and Pat just to name a few. Do you think that the lack-luster offense we've seen all year is going to be effective in those games? No. The simple fact is, and I'm hoping people will jump on the wagon with me, we need this team to go 1-15 this season. Hopefully that will prove to Mr. Richardson that this team needs a complete staff overhaul. You have a coach who is ineffective, a def. coordinator who's defenses have consistantly ranked in the bottom of the NFL and a mediochre offensive coordinator. There is far too much talent on this team to be in this current situation. If you don't start making changes and get people in here to do what they're paid to do, we're going to start losing talent. You think Smitty, Beason, Davis and others will stay with this team if they don't start winning? Just look at Peppers. He knows this team will not win a Super Bowl under this regime and he wanted out. (Was great to see some flashes of the old Peppers yesterday though). Go get Shanahan or Cowher or someone who knows how to win and get them in here.

Archived