• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Come from behind win is exactly what we needed

Mr ocho nueve

OK, I'm sorry that I don't share the same optimism as everyone else, but SO WHAT. We beat Washington. A fellow bottom-feeder in the NFL. This win proves nothing but the simple fact that we barely beat a bottom-feeder in the NFL. We still have to play the Saints, Falcons and Pat just to name a few. Do you think that the lack-luster offense we've seen all year is going to be effective in those games? No. The simple fact is, and I'm hoping people will jump on the wagon with me, we need this team to go 1-15 this season. Hopefully that will prove to Mr. Richardson that this team needs a complete staff overhaul. You have a coach who is ineffective, a def. coordinator who's defenses have consistantly ranked in the bottom of the NFL and a mediochre offensive coordinator. There is far too much talent on this team to be in this current situation. If you don't start making changes and get people in here to do what they're paid to do, we're going to start losing talent. You think Smitty, Beason, Davis and others will stay with this team if they don't start winning? Just look at Peppers. He knows this team will not win a Super Bowl under this regime and he wanted out. (Was great to see some flashes of the old Peppers yesterday though). Go get Shanahan or Cowher or someone who knows how to win and get them in here.

I will never, and I mean NEVER, agree that what my team needs is a 1-15 season.

And every game in the NFL takes on it's own persona so to speak, so you can't really say it's just a win over another bottom feeder IMO. I think the 49ers are an up and coming good football team, with an excellent motivational head coach, and they got absolutely crushed by Atlanta. We barely lost to Atlanta. poo happens.

We've got a chance to be 3-3 going into a very difficult part of our schedule. A lot of our mistakes have been mental. Maybe a confident shot in the arm is what the team needs to steal a few games from these "powerhouse" teams. And maybe the Giants and Saints will have the 1 and 2 seed locked by the time we play them, so we'll be playing backups only. :D

OK, I'm sorry that I don't share the same optimism as everyone else, but SO WHAT. We beat Washington. A fellow bottom-feeder in the NFL. This win proves nothing but the simple fact that we barely beat a bottom-feeder in the NFL. We still have to play the Saints, Falcons and Pat just to name a few. Do you think that the lack-luster offense we've seen all year is going to be effective in those games? No. The simple fact is, and I'm hoping people will jump on the wagon with me, we need this team to go 1-15 this season. Hopefully that will prove to Mr. Richardson that this team needs a complete staff overhaul. You have a coach who is ineffective, a def. coordinator who's defenses have consistantly ranked in the bottom of the NFL and a mediochre offensive coordinator. There is far too much talent on this team to be in this current situation. If you don't start making changes and get people in here to do what they're paid to do, we're going to start losing talent. You think Smitty, Beason, Davis and others will stay with this team if they don't start winning? Just look at Peppers. He knows this team will not win a Super Bowl under this regime and he wanted out. (Was great to see some flashes of the old Peppers yesterday though). Go get Shanahan or Cowher or someone who knows how to win and get them in here.

You go ahead and sit on the couch hoping we lose and go 1-15 this year. Personally I will be at the games rooting for the Panthers to play their very best. I have a lot invested financially and emotionally in the Panthers to bail like you apparently. If we replace Fox then so be it but I won't be rooting against him or the team.

Coming from behind is a strength not a weakness. You'll need that same heart when Tom Brady hooks up on two TD pass plays and you're down by 14. That is the effort that you want from your team, they never gave up.

This team will do better than most people are giving us credit for. Write that down and date it.

We've got the Bucs next. If they are anything like last years team 34 and 28 should have breakout games.

Regardless of the reasons for our having to come from behind to win, the fact is that we did it. Regardless of who we played. It was an NFL team on the other sideline too. It's certainly something that we can build on and hopefully give Jake and Peppers some confidence.

I see quite a bit of good in this victory. Had we won forcefully, then the answer would be "Well it's only the Redskins or Damn we're good" but no, we fought for this and showed a lot of character not giving up. I'm damned proud of our boys today!

What does going 1-15 accomplish? We don't have our first so being last doesn't net us a 1 overall pick. It makes picking up FA the next year very hard (I doubt there were many FA wanting to go to the lions this year) I want Fox and Hurney gone too but wanting to go 1-15 is just moronic IMO.

The offense wasn't horrible, the turnovers were, but that can be corrected.

The run offense was horrible and the passing offense was fine.

You go ahead and sit on the couch hoping we lose and go 1-15 this year. Personally I will be at the games rooting for the Panthers to play their very best. I have a lot invested financially and emotionally in the Panthers to bail like you apparently. If we replace Fox then so be it but I won't be rooting against him or the team.

He probably doesn't go to the games and in my opinion, he sounds nothing like a real fan, even though I can't define what a "real fan" is.

Archived