• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you saw La beat the Saints you know

trucpfan

As frustrating as Rivera's play not to lose strategy is, technically it's been "working". I can't recall a game we lost sitting on the lead and milking the clock, although we've came close A LOT.

I saw this to say i doubt Rivera stops doing something that' been "working". 

10 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Point being Aints have some stout run d and trying to seal a game by running when the team knows your about to run is not a winning formula. 

While I agree that we shouldn't be over-dependent on the run, it must be a significant part of our game to give throwing the ball a chance. Last week as @GoobyPls alluded to in his post, the saints were missing Lattimore and Crawley their 2 starting CBs, so we can't expect easy completions or really use it as a template, especially with Cam and the receivers in the form they are currently. Nor is their run-D all that impressive to me-I think they lost their starting DT in preseason. I would really like to see more of the McCaffrey play book that we heard so much about in preseason, something that gives him an opportunity to use his open field elusiveness-whether run or pass.

17 minutes ago, Jakob said:

NOLA is 19th in Rushing Yards and we're #3. What fuging drugs do you people take? Ohhh, my god.

Rushing Yards Leaders

RK TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD YDS/G FUM FUML
1 Jacksonville 371 1697 4.6 90 11 154.3 7 3
2 Philadelphia 349 1622 4.6 71 9 147.5 6 3
3 New Orleans 316 1563 4.9 74 16 142.1 4 3
4 Dallas 314 1483 4.7 70 13 134.8 1 1
5 Carolina 338 1421 4.2 69 10 129.2 7 5

4 hours ago, Jakob said:

NOLA is 19th in Rushing Yards and we're #3. What fuging drugs do you people take? Ohhh, my god.

3 hours ago, SeoulPanther said:

Rushing Yards Leaders

RK TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD YDS/G FUM FUML
1 Jacksonville 371 1697 4.6 90 11 154.3 7 3
2 Philadelphia 349 1622 4.6 71 9 147.5 6 3
3 New Orleans 316 1563 4.9 74 16 142.1 4 3
4 Dallas 314 1483 4.7 70 13 134.8 1 1
5 Carolina 338 1421 4.2 69 10 129.2 7 5

image.png.96b1a85ff710c387e97eef788ab7af7c.png

14 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s awesome.

Basically confirming what I already suspected that McVay deserves almost all the credit for what’s going on in LA right now. 

Could you imagine Cam with a genius in his head pre snap like Goff has McVay? I’m not sure anyone would be able to stop us. 

Those OC's are a dime a dozen...why don't we have one?  

The Saints have a below average run defense. Im not sure what numbers you are looking at but every sourcechas them bottom half in total yards given up and worse in yards per attempt surrendered.

I hope we come out and run it down their throats.

15 hours ago, Dex said:

NO's strength right now is their run defense. So naturally we'll have an offensive strategy to not take advantage of that. Expect 40 rushing attempts Sunday including in the 4th quarter with a 7 point or less lead.

No it isn't. They aren't even average at run defense.

17 hours ago, Bartin said:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-sean-mcvay-rams-saints-jared-goff-audibles

This is next level sh*t right here and explains how Goff looks absolutely amazing this year compared to last year. McVay is calling the damn audibles! That is genius.

Actuallt its next-level LOWER sh*t because that’s commonly how its done in college these days.

Its just that the vast majority of the NFL has historically been glacially hesitant to adapt to the inovations that commonly occur in the college game (and sometimes even at the high school level).

”That’s just the way we do things” and “Dammit why won’t colleges give us QBs/RBs/OL that do things the way WE do them!” is what you commonly hear from the NFL dinosaurs.

Which is why I am (and have always been) a bigger fan if the college game than the professional game.

21 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

@rayzor -yeah I know that we are #3 at rushing D but in @Jakob s post he was talking about rushing not rushing D. That's why I quoted the correct numbers in response to his post. 

Seemed to me he was talking about the rush D, in which case he was correct. It also fit with the rest of the conversation/debate surrounding the saints run D. ESPN has them with the 18th run D in that screen I captured.

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Seemed to me he was talking about the rush D, in which case he was correct. It also fit with the rest of the conversation/debate surrounding the saints run D. ESPN has them with the 18th run D in that screen I captured.

I understand the context of the previous conversation. It has been about both our rushing (should we?) and NO's ability to defend the rush (which as you say has been incorrectly praised in this thread). But if you quote some statistics and call people out on not 'getting it' you should say what you mean. His post clearly says rushing, not rushing D. I agree with you that he probably meant to type rushing D. But call me old-fashioned when someone asks 'are you on fuging drugs?' then mis-types I have to call them out on their error.

Archived