• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera is too scared to be a great NFL Head Coach

Growl

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Over the past several weeks, I've been told that I needed to be optimistic because we had a winning record and we were beating bad teams  My response has been that I didn't believe we could beat good teams. I wanted to see how we'd look against a team like the Saints.

Leading up to this game, I still harbored a hope that I might be proven wrong.

No such luck.

We're not good enough.

I dont want to dismiss the frustration here however, season is not done. people here are looking for perfection when its nearly asinine to think thats obtainable in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

JR too cheap to fire a coach with years left on his contract. 

I'm not sure "cheap" matters.

Richardson values personality more than results. How else do you think Marty Hurney kept his job so long (and got it back)?

Rivera is a mediocre head coach, but he's a great guy, so he'll keep his job. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an extension.

11 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

Almost a minute to go in the first half and two timeouts and he kneels on it...then he proceeds to just let NO kneel the game away at the end with a timeout in his pocket.  Does he have any fight in him whatsoever?

I had a feeling we’d lose as soon as I saw that. 

4 minutes ago, 0115 said:

I dont want to dismiss the frustration here however, season is not done. people here are looking for perfection when its nearly asinine to think thats obtainable in the NFL.

I don't need "perfection".

I'd settle for "competitive".

We're not.

While were on the subject let's discus another of his failures

this season is a shining beacon of why it isn't acceptable to take two months to actually transform into a decent team

Panthers beat a teetering new Orleans at home or a horrendous bears team, then we are talking first round bye

Instead we are talking draft

Why are the panthers so bad to start the season?

Simple, yet another of Rivera's failures-his inability to prepare his team mentally.

Bye week? Facing inferior competition? Receiving love from the press? Injuries? Bad weather?

If there's even a modicum of reason for the team to fall into a mental or emotional pit, Ronnie's boys are gonna go missiling over the edge of it like the fat kid from lord of the flies

the guy has been playing that one note "DO YOU WANT TO BE RELEVANT" card since at least 2013.

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

While were on the subject let's discus another of his failures

this season is a shining beacon of why it isn't acceptable to take two months to actually transform into a decent team

Panthers beat a teetering new Orleans at home or a horrendous bears team, then we are talking first round bye

Instead we are talking draft

There's still a pretty good shot we get a wild card even if we lose to the Vikings as well. I def don't have any faith in the team to make a playoff run though haha. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're only good enough to beat bad teams.

That's not something to be proud of.

Okay and your point is? I get it we got swept by the Saints. On this very board the atmosphere is always falling when the game is lost, the blame is either Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney, Ron Rivera, and Mike Shula. Whats new?

4 hours ago, 0115 said:

Okay and your point is? I get it we got swept by the Saints. On this very board the atmosphere is always falling when the game is lost, the blame is either Jerry Richardson, Marty Hurney, Ron Rivera, and Mike Shula. Whats new?

That's who's in charge.

Archived