• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do we root for thursday night?

usmcpanthers

7 minutes ago, Panfan35 said:

I kinda hope we implode and miss the playoffs and clean house cause even if we get in I don’t trust this coaching staff to win in the playoffs not with what they have put on the field this year ,we can’t compete   With our coaching philosophy right now so a better draft pick is the best idea right now

Our record is already too good for there to be a house cleaning in coaching personnell. It wouldve taken another 6-10 season or worse imo.

Maybe if we miss playoffs this year, I think it would mean everyone has 1 more season to put up or shut up. If we miss the playoffs 3 strait years after a SB appearance, then there's no more excuses JR can make at that point. This year, coaches can always use the "we improved W/L" card and lean on their previous 3 playoff and SB appearance , they have too good of an argument to not be given another year to make the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don't know about them, but I am pulling for the Panthers. I am also pulling for the Saints TBH. I think I'd rather feel guaranteed about getting into the playoffs than worry about possibly being tied with Atlanta and having to go to Atlanta in week 17. While winning the division and having a home game is 100% ideal, we can't do any damage in the playoffs without actually being in the playoffs.

Seattle will lose 2 of their next 3 anyway.  We win the next 3, at home, we’re in.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:48 AM, RoaringRiot said:

When the Panthers have to go 3-1 in their final four games to guarantee the playoffs then I am concerned about every game. 

I would say if we go 2-2 we should be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. So many other teams playing each other. That means gb or dallas lose one more and they are done. So that leaves two spots between us, falcons, and seahawks. They both have tough schedules left.

10 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I would say if we go 2-2 we should be guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. So many other teams playing each other. That means gb or dallas lose one more and they are done. So that leaves two spots between us, falcons, and seahawks. They both have tough schedules left.

2-2 IF they beat Green Bay. If they lose to GB and go 2-2 then GB has the tiebreaker at 10-6. So 10-6 isn't a guarantee in. 

2 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Gb is going to lose one more game. I like our chances

The Browns are only three point dogs in Cleveland-their last realistic chance to get a win, and would not affect the #1 overall pick.  I think they beat the Packers.

Ok @Nails - this is what I really wanted to show you. Falcons win the Panthers drop below 50% to make the playoffs. 

As the records currently stand, the Panthers hold only a 7-10% chance of winning the NFC South after losing to the Saints on Sunday due to the Saints now holding the tiebreaker as well as a one-game lead over Carolina. However, while their chances at the NFC South may have slipped, they are still in good shape for a wild-card berth into the playoffs. If the season ended today, the Panthers would be the sixth seed; they make the playoffs as either the fifth or sixth seed in 57-60% of the simulations.

However, if the Falcons, who are one game behind the Panthers, beat the Saints tonight on Thursday Night Football, that number drops below 50% even before the Panthers face a tough opponent in the 10-2 Minnesota Vikings; a Saints win actually improves that number to almost 70%.

https://theriotreport.com/panthers-fans-rooting-saints-tonight/

If we lose to the Vikings and the Packers, we don't have any business being in the playoffs anyway.  You can't literally lose to all the top contenders in the NFC on your schedule,  and then expect anyone to have faith in your team to do much of anything in the post season as a wild card when you'll be on the road the entire time.  

I think its very likely we lose pretty badly to the Vikings and then we go , then win the final 3 games. That leaves us at 11-5 , probably 2nd in NFC South, and have some sort of low seed wild card spot. 

That means the answer to this thread is , you want the Falcons to lose so we have less competition for the wild card spot.

Assuming Saints hold serve for the NFCS, Carolina, Seattle, and Atlanta will all definitely have to earn their way into the playoffs -- none have an easy schedule.

• Seattle: @Jags, vs Rams, @Cowboys (return of Zeke), and vs. Cardinals
  • Carolina: vs. Vikes, vs. GB (presumptive return of ARod), vs. Bucs, @Falcons
  • Atlanta: Saints 2x, @Bucs (Winston will be back this time), vs. Carolina

Essentially, it'll be impossible to get in without wholly deserving to be there. Great month of football ahead. 

Archived