• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking D to end the game!!!

Ra's Al Ghul

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Talk about high expectations.  Luke finished  the game with 14 tackles (8 solo), and a sack and some of you feel like he had an off day. :thinking: 

Most LBs would be thrilled to have a stat line like that. Sometimes I think we take his greatness for granted here.

I noticed he missed a couple of tackles but he was still a force today. I agree with the poster that said sometimes it looks like he trying to do too much. But, I do think he could also be playing just a bit tentatively at times (and I can't blame him) to avoid another concussion this season.

It just is weird to see Luke miss 1 tackle nevermind a few, nevermind a few in a few games in a row. Happens but still odd.

2 hours ago, Ra's Al Ghul said:

I disagree. IIRC, the previous two drives we only rushed four, while on the last drive we were blitzing LB's. 

Also when playing soft in previous games we dropped everyone with no blitz. 

We literally blitzed on 4 plays on one of their 4th quarter drives. I'm not going to re-watch the rest because we clearly were blitzing the entire 4th quarter. Again, I'm not surprised people on this board will make up stuff to fit their facts of "we played soft until the last drive". But the facts just don't back it up.

27 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Talk about high expectations.  Luke finished  the game with 14 tackles (8 solo), and a sack and some of you feel like he had an off day. :thinking: 

Most LBs would be thrilled to have a stat line like that. Sometimes I think we take his greatness for granted here.

I noticed he missed a couple of tackles but he was still a force today. I agree with the poster that said sometimes it looks like he trying to do too much. But, I do think he could also be playing just a bit tentatively at times (and I can't blame him) to avoid another concussion this season.

I wouldn't say he is having an off game, but for him, he has been out of position more than normal. 

For anyone else, it is a freak level that he is playing at, kinda tough to explain or put a finger on.

20 minutes ago, rainwater said:

We literally blitzed on 4 plays on one of their 4th quarter drives. I'm not going to re-watch the rest because we clearly were blitzing the entire 4th quarter. Again, I'm not surprised people on this board will make up stuff to fit their facts of "we played soft until the last drive". But the facts just don't back it up.

Ok.

Seems like Wilks finally caught on at the very end of the game that their backup O-line couldn't block us for very long with a blitz, now I just wish we didn't play so soft all fourth quarter. It very, very rarely goes the defense's way. Either they nickel and dime you all the way down field, or you miss a tackle and they still break a big play loose. 

Just play regular defense with maybe a deep safety

19 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Seems like Wilks finally caught on at the very end of the game that their backup O-line couldn't block us for very long with a blitz, now I just wish we didn't play so soft all fourth quarter. It very, very rarely goes the defense's way. Either they nickel and dime you all the way down field, or you miss a tackle and they still break a big play loose. 

Just play regular defense with maybe a deep safety

We actually played softer zone on the last drive than the previous 3. The secondary was playing much farther off the ball than the previous 3. And we were doing the same blitzes as the previous drives. The difference was the defense finally got a rest and Keenum had to actually hold the ball longer since he needed bigger chunks.

12 hours ago, rainwater said:

We actually played softer zone on the last drive than the previous 3. The secondary was playing much farther off the ball than the previous 3. And we were doing the same blitzes as the previous drives. The difference was the defense finally got a rest and Keenum had to actually hold the ball longer since he needed bigger chunks.

thank you for correcting me 

Archived