• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last Jedi *Spoilers*

Darth Biscuit

Seriously...  just saw it...

Don't do it...

Ok...

Very good movie...  long. 

The visuals are brilliant...  the opening shot coming into a planet is amazing.

Kylo is still mis-cast imo... Driver doesn't cut it imo but he was slightly better in this.

The middle of the movie is flat...  the plot of having Finn and Rose try and find a hacker while the Star Destroyers and Dreadnaught were chasing the fleet was kinda dumb and unrealistic. 

THEY fuging KILLED ACKBAR.  Very unceremoniously.  :(

Leia not dying surprised me...  they did a good job of keeping you surprised. 

Didn't care for Luke's portrayal when watching ...  whiny...  but, now that I think about it, that's definitely his character from ANH and ESB...

Is Phasma gonna die in every episode?  I think that's gonna be a thing...

Snoke died to easily and this was definitely a surprise...  who were the guys in red Rey and Kylo fight?  The knights of Ren?

Luke dies????  Seriously...  making way for new characters...  wasn't impressed by how they did it.

Yoda!!!! Holy poo Yoda is in it.  Seriously.

8/10

Will see again.

i saw it and like luke said this isnt going to go the way you think. I think they win cinematography of the year and the costumes and usage of them were amazing. I like driver even more after watching this. his whining and and purpose was more believable. i liked the force linked scenes with him and rey. sucks they killed ackbar like that should of had more sacrificial death but ok. yoda in it was cool but would have also liked obi wan and anakin in it like some spoilers hinted to. They wasted benecio del toro. Should of been better character with his acting chops that he has. i know he wasnt going to be one but should of been light saber user. Leia not dying was weird to me. I get she is a force user but still didnt expect that and dont think i wanted it. Luke scene was cool where he took blasters and fought kylo just wish it was the real him. Didnt like them having luke be a guilt ridden character, made him extremely weak in my eyes. He wasnt even in person for his final battle. Really hope they dont put Fin and the other girl together, want fin and rey or atleast multiple love triangles of girl-fin-rey, and fin-rey-poe. Was also hoping fin to have some type of force powers but nope smh. Lastly didnt like how snoke died so easily.

All the Force/Jedi stuff was fantastic. All the Finn/new girl stuff was kind of out there. I felt like Poe was completely played even though I suspect Leia had some Force stuff going on. And she can keep herself alive in outer space, but could not get the rocks to move and they needed Rey? lol but that line from Rey about moving rocks was super satisfying and Leia probably knew Rey needed to do that or something.

what a pile of garbage.  I've never seen such lazy as writing in a star wars movie before. the action, cgi were great but for fugs sake the story is awful.  Litterally everything about Star Wars dies in this movie.  Rey?  lol who gives a fug about her now.  Shes not a skywalker.  not a solo.  Nope she got dumped by a couple of junkies.  ARE YOU fuging KIDDING ME?  REYS PARENTS ARE A COUPLE OF JUNKIES!  Why would I even want to see an episode 9 after this.  Snoke?  we hardly knew you.  You had no character arc, story and you been around since before the empire yet you die like a bitch.  Luke is a fuging coward, not man enough to face Kylo in person, and then just disappears.  Lets not forget about the slow OJ simpson ford bronco chase.  Really you are waiting for the cruise ship to run out of fuel?   I hate everything about this fuging movie.

Even knowing what was going to happen, I loved it.  I agree, Ackbar's death I hated the most.  And as Steele Saunders says, your Snoke theory sucks.  Err, sucked.

Like the way they are passing the torch.  Kylo's line about burning everything in the past down was aimed at fans just as much as it was aimed at Rey.  Going again later today with the kids.

9/10 due to the Leia Superman scene.

I actually thought it was great, probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite behind Empire and Rogue One.    I appreciated the fact that they switched up almost everything.   Leia not dying was a surprise, Snoke getting taken out was a surprise, etc.     I'm glad Rey (apparently) isn't a Skywalker or someone, we need to start getting used to Star Wars not being a Skywalker family tale.      Yes the middle plot with Finn was definitely a little meh but I still enjoyed seeing the planet and also the big thing about all that is FINALLY showing the "grey" area of Star Wars on how those people sell weapons to both sides.     I felt it gave a little "realism" if you want to a story that's always tried to be black/white but life isn't like that.      Pope was fun and started to think/learn toward the end, a good character arc, and his teacher (Leia) and him's relationship in that manner was good to see.    

I was worried with Luke at first, thought he'd cheese it and go out like Obi Wan did but I loved the projection, and if you think about it, that WOULD have took a lot of power out of everyone, he didn't just project to Kylo it was EVERYONE that was there.    I wanted to see a Luke "show up and take out a hundred people" too, but he wasn't at that point in his life and there was like 15 ATAT's so it would have been hard to believe, even in Star Wars.   I wouldn't say he "died" either, he just.... went home?     The guy was just done.     I love the fact that he almost took out Kylo when he was training them, and this gave some depth to Kylo's character because honestly, how would you feel if you woke up to that crazy Luke face and a lightsaber?      And with all that, and how Luke basically created Kylo and gave up on him, he held that shame and guilt, so it made sense he did one final big act and went away.       He also realized the tale of that day on the planet would boost the rebellion and get new recruits.    The people weren't answering the distress signals, but when they find out about Luke and maybe Rey, they will.   I appreciated the fact that the rebels got beat down pretty much the whole movie.    I liked how Snoke's elite guard was shown to be capable and almost took down Rey and Kylo, because those dudes ARE supposed to be beasts.     The jurassic park lady's plan of taking down the ship by just lightspeeding into it was nice and something many sci-fi shows have avoided and fans have always asked "why not...." and that scene was done really well.

I did think the humor was a bit too much at times, considering the dark story going on.     I'm not sold on Driver as a villain but he is doing the best he can and at least his arc makes more sense now.    What's his motives for the universe though?   

I think the third movie has to have a pretty big time jump.    Ren is a moron and I can't see him leading the first order right now so I would think we need years of him getting experience and training up to be a real threat.      Rey needs to hone her skills too and we need some more Jedi in the mix, possible some escaped Kylo's wrath that night at temple,  to make this a real fight.   They'll probably do this and explain that Leia died of old age or from all the losses she took, etc.     

Was going to see it today and then I read IMBD user reviews and its getting killed by a lot of people. Is it really this bad?

I am not a huge Star Wars fanboy. Have seen all the movies (although I couldnt name them)  but don't get all into the characters, story lines, etc like many people do. Am I even going to know what the Hell is going on or enjoy the film? 

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/reviews?ref_=m_tt_urv

17 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Was going to see it today and then I read IMBD user reviews and its getting killed by a lot of people. Is it really this bad?

I am not a huge Star Wars fanboy. Have seen all the movies (although I couldnt name them)  but don't get all into the characters, story lines, etc like many people do. Am I even going to know what the Hell is going on or enjoy the film? 

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/reviews?ref_=m_tt_urv

I don't think you need to be a fan boy to enjoy this one... or really any of the recent ones... I think Disney is very cognizant of the fact that a lot of their audience are not traditional Star Wars fans.

So I need to see it again, but why did the Del Toro character get these guys out of prison, involve a huge chase, then smuggle them on to the dreadnaught and all the way to the thing they needed to get to on it, THEN have them captured? I must have missed a plot explanation - I was pretty focused on the Luke Rey stuff...

11 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I don't think you need to be a fan boy to enjoy this one... or really any of the recent ones... I think Disney is very cognizant of the fact that a lot of their audience are not traditional Star Wars fans.

Ok cool - as a kid I loved the original Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and return of the Jedi. Was obsessed with them really. 

Still enjoy the new ones but I got lost somewhere along the way when it comes to the storylines, timelines and characters. 

9 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

So I need to see it again, but why did the Del Toro character get these guys out of prison, involve a huge chase, then smuggle them on to the dreadnaught and all the way to the thing they needed to get to on it, THEN have them captured? I must have missed a plot explanation - I was pretty focused on the Luke Rey stuff...

that whole mission for fin and Rose was 45 minutes of pointless movie.  It accomplished absolutely nothing if the point was to grow a relationship between Rose and Finn they killed her 15 minutes later anyways

Archived