• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still have offense concerns

Panfan35

32 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

The offense is averaging over 32 points per game over the last 5 games, they’ve scored 31 in 4 out of 5. What the hell do you people expect? 

I think people want to keep the peddle to the metal between the time we get a lead and when we have to fight to keep it or take it back.  It seems every game we start out strong, but then have a lull until our opponent gets back into the game.  For some reason, Shula (and Rivera, I'm sure) change how they are calling plays when we get a lead.  They go from attacking to playing not to lose.  It's very frustrating.

By pure luck we won last week what did we have like 4 turnovers and only 1 score. The Consistency Of the offense is not playoff form. Hopefully they will run more up tempo offense soon. You can even tell by cams  demeanor  when shula starts calling bad plays that he knows aren’t working. I can only hope we are talking about a new offensive coordinator in a few months

1 hour ago, Panfan35 said:

By pure luck we won last week what did we have like 4 turnovers and only 1 score. The Consistency Of the offense is not playoff form. Hopefully they will run more up tempo offense soon. You can even tell by cams  demeanor  when shula starts calling bad plays that he knows aren’t working. I can only hope we are talking about a new offensive coordinator in a few months

Elaborate on how it was "pure luck"... I can't wait to hear this.

We scored off of 2 turnovers. 1 We couldn't score off of because it ended the game. So technically we didn't score off of one turnover.

The reason we slow it down is because we ALL know Cam's tendencies... he is a high risk high reward QB. I will take a run the clock out with the lead, rather than let's force the ball down the field with a higher % of turnover with the lead. That's the sh!t that got chud fired. 

Why would you run an up tempo offense with 6.5 minutes remaining in the game and a 2 TD lead?

If you take the game of math into play, the coach's are using an analytical approach to the game of football. Which is why I'd love to hear more about this "luck" assumption you are making.....

Archived