• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers lose this week to the Bucs...

hepcat

They're taking the easy way out; just give up on the team instead of actually pulling for them.

Dumb post. Lots of us are understandably skeptical about the team's chances for winning even 7 or 8 games, but we're hardly "giving up on the team," and almost all of this negative majority are still very much pulling for the Panthers (myself included) despite our concern.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to attack those you don't agree with, and painting the whole fan base into these simple black and white categories is just kind of silly.

I've seen the the Bucs play the past two weeks and yes they make a lot of mistakes but they haven't quit. They play hard and you better believe they are going to come right at us. As much as we look at them on the schedule and think they're a team we should beat.....They look at us as their best opportunity to get win.

I hope we roll over their ass and beat them 41-0 but I think it's going to be a much closer game. If the Panther's think they can just show up and win this one.... they're a lot people that are going to get shocked on Sunday.

Kellen Winslow, Antonio Bryant, Cadillac Williams, and Derrick Ward....Those guys have some talent. I sure hope nobody is taking them for granted.

If we lose to them at this point....our ability to have any kind of a recovery to save the season will become bleak at the very best.

Your use of the word 'next' when referring to the upcoming season confirms an 'end' of the current season.

No, because we can start Moore and give the younger guys some playing time. You can also play around with the gameplans. You still want to win as many games as possible to have it carryover into the offseason.

I can see how it looks like there are no more fans around here.. but I'm pretty sure they aren't bitching because they don't care.

I can only speak for myself... Unless the OLine gets it together, at this pace, the season will be very close to over.. Does that mean I'm giving up my tickets to the 1 game I can make to see them? Hell no. Do I quit watching them religiously and watching closely to see where the success and failure exists? Hell no..

At this rate, the team is going to struggle for every possible win... It's just the simple truth. Is it too late to turn it around? Absolutely not... But don't take "it better happen very soon or it's over" to mean anything other than an observation...

I can only back up my viewpoint.. I'm sure there some around here who have quit watching, but even the most pessimistic don't necessarily fall in that category...

I completely understand. You're definitely not one of the people I was talking about (and I base this on more than just this post).

Just because people like myself know this team is shitty doesn't mean we don't root for them. If you can't accept that this team is bad then maybe you had trouble accepting that Santa Claus isn't real and the Easter Bunny is full of poo. Well, I, like most people, am able to see that and recognize it, yet still enjoy the holiday.

I've accepted the team is bad. I never said they were good. However, there are quite a few people who just spew out negativity and refuse to accept any positive outlooks on the team. I don't really recall you being one of those people, but you seem to have latched onto my post anyway.

lol dude get over yourself

[...]

If you're gonna have that holier than thou attitude about how you "believe" in them or some bullshit, just save it dude. Nobody wants to hear it. You're not any more of a "real" fan than the rest of us that root for this team without being retarded.

Really? Do you honestly believe you are "clueing me in?" You act like I'm the one with the arrogant attitude and then you come with your own post and seem to think that you are better than me because you "see reality." I see reality, I'm just not "doom and gloom" about it all.

To be honest, I wasn't even taking on the "holier than thou" attitude; I'm just tired reading purely negative posts.

Dumb post.

Obviously, I disagree. It got two heated responses. I could've worded it better, I'm sure.

Lots of us are understandably skeptical about the team's chances for winning even 7 or 8 games, but we're hardly "giving up on the team," and almost all of this negative majority are still very much pulling for the Panthers (myself included) despite our concern.

I'm skeptical and concerned as well, I just choose not to wallow in misery. And no, I'm not suggesting you are purely negative (I honestly don't know as I haven't read many of your posts).

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to attack those you don't agree with, and painting the whole fan base into these simple black and white categories is just kind of silly.

I wasn't trying to paint the whole fanbase, and I apologize for my hostile post.

It's not about being realistic, nor is it about being pessimistic or optimistic. The real problem that I have with most of the posts is that they are hostile in nature (like mine, really) and/or have no real merit. Usually it's just someone going "OMG THE PANTHERS SUCK."

If you actually have something of value to say and can see both sides of the argument, then great, you're not one of the people I was referencing.

If the definition of the season being over is whether we will win the Superbowl, then it is over. We will not likely win the division and this year I expect that only the division winner will makes the playoffs. Our schedule is just too hard compared to other divisions in the NFC. Even if New Orleans comes back to earth, we have a brutal end of the season. With our schedule having a winning season will be a real accomplishment.

Is the season over? Not by a long shot. It could either get much better or a lot worse. In the end, it won't be over for months. And at least most years we are in it until close to the end.

No the season isn't over but the probability of them making the playoffs is slim and if they lose to a bottom feeder team like the Bucs,it really aint looking too good!In fact,a lose this week would really kill the little bit of confidence this team has!They better watch out,this is a trap game,the Bucs will be playing w/their hair on fire,hope the Panthers are ready for the carnage!

Archived