• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Group Eyeing Panthers Buy - This Thread is Informative

Jimmy

2 hours ago, Nails said:

Fugging horse hockey.  Felix the jackass already hinted that his template was a Minnesota’like situation here-a long liberal stronghold that TRULY had no choice-a state with 10 million less people than the Carolinas (and growing at a far lesser clip), the very real threat of LA yet to be filled, and the 30 year old Metrodump that did this 

NONE of these things are comparable to our situation now.

Also, the state of Minnesota had to cough up $348 million (FAT chance that happens here, bwahahahaha), and the city of Minneapolis will pay $678 million over 30 years.

To borrow a quote from Patrick Swayze in Road House, Felix the jackass needs to “take the train” and get out of our sight.

Not just him, any potential owner is going to want a new stadium and the state/ city to pay for it. I never mentioned Minn situation at all. lmao, Get over it. It's going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Not just him, any potential owner is going to want a new stadium and the state/ city to pay for it. I never mentioned Minn situation at all. lmao, Get over it. It's going to happen. 

I know you didn’t, Félix the jackass did.  And who wouldn’t want hundred$ of million$ in $ub$idie$?

It probably will happen someday.  NO way it should happen in the foreseeable future-and if that’s the sentiment from Panther fanatics, Felix the jackass surely shouldn’t expect $ympathy from those that aren’t.

If the other minority owners in Sabates' group are intelligent, they need to tell him to shut up. Charlotte already had one greedy loudmouth owner run out of town in George Shinn. He's coming off all wrong with his insistence on a dome stadium. Even if his group believes a dome necessary, wait for the appropriate time to ask. They haven't even seen the Panthers' books yet and he's screaming the team wouldn't be profitable without a new stadium. If he keeps this up the money well might be poisoned before hes even owner.

With what I've heard of the Sabates group so far, I would rather take my chances on an out of town owner committed to winning than a greedy out of touch local owner who's insisting on a new publicly financed billion dollar stadium before evening owning the team.

20 minutes ago, PantherRN said:

If the other minority owners in Sabates' group are intelligent, they need to tell him to shut up. Charlotte already had one greedy loudmouth owner run out of town in George Shinn. He's coming off all wrong with his insistence on a dome stadium. Even if his group believes a dome necessary, wait for the appropriate time to ask. They haven't even seen the Panthers' books yet and he's screaming the team wouldn't be profitable without a new stadium. If he keeps this up the money well might be poisoned before hes even owner.

With what I've heard of the Sabates group so far, I would rather take my chances on an out of town owner committed to winning than a greedy out of touch local owner who's insisting on a new publicly financed billion dollar stadium before evening owning the team.

Amen

I'll just post this here...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article192927389.html#navlink=SecList

Some teams’ roots run so deep that they simply cannot be dislodged. They have decades of history and fans flung far from their borders. They have names like Cowboys and Steelers, Packers and Patriots. When they play in a town like Charlotte, they draw so many followers they enjoy a sort of home-team advantage. More importantly, on national TV, they draw fat ratings.

In their league in name only are teams called Jaguars and Cardinals, Texans and Titans. Casual fans have to pause to remember where they’re from. They are movable pieces, and the Panthers are among their number.

You need to keep the Panthers far more desperately than the NFL needs to keep them here. Charlotte is an aspirational city, one that punches far above its weight, and nothing validates a city’s stature like a pro football franchise

14 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article192927389.html#navlink=SecList

Some teams’ roots run so deep that they simply cannot be dislodged. They have decades of history and fans flung far from their borders. They have names like Cowboys and Steelers, Packers and Patriots. When they play in a town like Charlotte, they draw so many followers they enjoy a sort of home-team advantage. More importantly, on national TV, they draw fat ratings.

In their league in name only are teams called Jaguars and Cardinals, Texans and Titans. Casual fans have to pause to remember where they’re from. They are movable pieces, and the Panthers are among their number.

You need to keep the Panthers far more desperately than the NFL needs to keep them here. Charlotte is an aspirational city, one that punches far above its weight, and nothing validates a city’s stature like a pro football franchise

Poor Charlotte?  How about poor Charlotte Observer?  Who knew that pathetic rag was still around in 2018?  

Mexico City, Toronto, and London huh?  Suuuuuuuure.  Let’s move from the hub of the world’s 6th busiest airport, top 3 banking city, within a 2 hour or less flight from 60% of the US population, and 15+ million AMERICAN FOOTBALL fans in two football crazed states to one of those places (won’t even go into the encyclopedia of issues with each).  Go ahead, we double dog dare you, new owner and league.

Wanna talk about the Not For Long league?  Try us.  Try that.  Sheesh.

33 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

He's not entirely correct.  The NFL does want the team to stay in this market, and they've said so.  There are plenty of good reasons for it.

But where he is correct is that the city is going to have to lay out some major money if they want it to work.  Sentiment alone is not enough.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's not entirely correct.  The NFL does want the team to stay in this market, and they've said so.  There are plenty of good reasons for it.

But where he is correct is that the city is going to have to lay out some major money if they want it to work.  Sentiment alone is not enough.

How soon?  And if they don’t, who will?

The gullible masses simply cannot accept this horse$hit.

What’s NOT horse$hit btw is the 9.7% ratings drop this year to piggyback on previous ratings drops and the myriad of other issues the league currently faces.

Their real customers, like me, are KEENLY watching, and will not be deceived.

1 minute ago, Nails said:

How soon?  And if they don’t, who will?

The gullible masses simply cannot accept this horse$hit.

What’s NOT horse$hit btw is the 9.7% ratings drop this year to piggyback on previous ratings drops and the myriad of other issues the league currently faces.

Their real customers, like me, are KEENLY watching, and will not be deceived.

You're free to "not accept the horse s--t", but if that's your choice, don't complain if the team winds up moving to a city that will.

As of right now, the team is only contractually bound to the city through next season.  Practically speaking, they'll be here longer, but how much longer isn't guaranteed.

And no, the drop in NFL ratings is not going to prevent that from happening.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're free to "not accept the horse s--t", but if that's your choice, don't complain if the team winds up moving to a city that will.

As of right now, the team is only contractually bound to the city through next season.  Practically speaking, they'll be here longer, but how much longer isn't guaranteed.

And no, the drop in NFL ratings is not going to prevent that from happening.

There is NO city that’s going to “pony up” what these a$$holes want and/or that 24 owners will approve!!!!!!  We’ve been through the toothless list-Portland, Salt Lake City, Virginia Beach, San Antonio, San Diego, St Louis, Toronto, Mexico City, London, Timbuktu, etc.  Freakin’ TOOTHLESS threats!!!!!!!!!

One, I don't think the NFL will allow this team to move.  It is a good location for the team and have a good following.

St. Louis and Oakland lost their teams for this exact reason. 

Two, Putting a dome in Charlotte makes no sense if you don't have the hotel space to accomodate events that happen there.    We can have the best dome known to mankind but we will get reject on every major event because we just have no place to house people.

I love the Carolinas but even with a dome we are slim to none to ever host a NCAA Championship basketball event, Super Bowl or anything else that will draw that many fans.

Stop being greedy and buy a good NFL football team and stop trying to convince the City they need something they don't.  

If you want a Dome. Pony up your own money.

50 minutes ago, Nails said:

There is NO city that’s going to “pony up” what these a$$holes want and/or that 24 owners will approve!!!!!!  We’ve been through the toothless list-Portland, Salt Lake City, Virginia Beach, San Antonio, San Diego, St Louis, Toronto, Mexico City, London, Timbuktu, etc.  Freakin’ TOOTHLESS threats!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Archived