• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter from ESPN "suggests" these trades

pstall

Again, nobody will trade for a guy taking 16 million home for one season, only too let him hit FA next year.

What about one of the teams that having a surprising record and want to try to ensure a playoff spot.

If any of the following teams had cap room it could make sense...

Cincy 4-1

Denver 5-0

Bears 3-1 (granted not that surprising and defense seems ok)

Even 49ers 3-2 in a weak division

or Pats who need a boost.

To me it doesn't seem like a no-go except for the fcat that teams are probably questioning if he is that good anymore.

it is giving up on this season. Peppers can be replaced down the road.....but trading him for picks right now....hurts the Panther defense significantly. Trading Peppers makes this current team weaker....trading him is giving up on this year and only looking forward to next season. At 1-3 Fox and Hurney aren't even thinking of looking to move Pep THIS year.

im sorry, i didn't know that Peppers was the difference between us winning and losing a game.

What about one of the teams that having a surprising record and want to try to ensure a playoff spot.

If any of the following teams had cap room it could make sense...

Cincy 4-1

Denver 5-0

Bears 3-1 (granted not that surprising and defense seems ok)

Even 49ers 3-2 in a weak division

or Pats who need a boost.

To me it doesn't seem like a no-go except for the fcat that teams are probably questioning if he is that good anymore.

How many teams have multiple 1sts.

I would trade Peppers in a minute if a team offered a 1st, even maybe two 2nds. Maybe Peppers can even help the Panthers out and have another good game before the deadline. Might make some other GM interested a bit more. I say all this because there is no way this Panthers team is making the playoffs and if they do happen to squeak in I actually think they might be able to do that with or without Peppers.

If some team would make the trade Hurney and Fox have to do it. That would actually show me maybe they have some balls now, not just playing to save their asses, and continue to set this franchise back more years.

I would trade Peppers in a minute if a team offered a 1st, even maybe two 2nds. Maybe Peppers can even help the Panthers out and have another good game before the deadline. Might make some other GM interested a bit more. I say all this because there is no way this Panthers team is making the playoffs and if they do happen to squeak in I actually think they might be able to do that with or without Peppers.

If some team would make the trade Hurney and Fox have to do it. That would actually show me maybe they have some balls now, not just playing to save their asses, and continue to set this franchise back more years.

Agreed. The way Atlanta and NO are playing. Not a realistic chance. Possible...but very slim.

Why in the world would you trade Peppers now unless you could get more for him then waiting until the end of the year and franchising him again. With no likely salary cap whatever he makes next year won't be an issue if we are stuck with him and we can get draft picks that will help us in the draft next year plus we get to use Peppers this year.

There is absolutely no reason anyone would want him right now, either. If they traded now they would be on the hook for the remainder of the 16 million. If they wait until after the year they can negotiate a long term deal and pay him much less. We still get the draft picks and its all good.

Why oh why oh why would Hurney and Fox even entertain a trade, when their futures are tied to THIS season?

The ONLY trade scenario involving Peppers would involve players coming the other way, and frankly I do not see too many players of his stature being traded for a guarentee of half a season for Pep.

The idiots on here that think he is a bad player are fooling themselves. He is a good player, much better than we can get a trade. He is not worth the cap hit, but what good is cap room now?!

Face facts, Fox and Hurney will NOT trade Pep unless someone throws a couple of pro bowl players our way. That HAVE to win NOW.

im sorry, i didn't know that Peppers was the difference between us winning and losing a game.

The defense has actually played well (outside of Davis, not a single defesnive player has put together more of muliptle games of impact peformance - not Peppers fault he showed up week 1 and no one else did)....I fail to see how getting rid of Peppers for a draft pick(who is the best DL on the team) does anything put make the team worse as far as THIS season goes. Living up to his contract is a seperate issue as of right now. Losing him w/ only picks in return will make the defense take a big step back.

I have no problem getting rid of Pep....as the season is over in reality. But trading him during this season is in fact the team acknowledging it. Fox/Hurney and the Panther won't do it at 1-3. Now if they get curbstomped by the Bucs....maybe they will call the season over.

Why in the world would you trade Peppers now unless you could get more for him then waiting until the end of the year and franchising him again. With no likely salary cap whatever he makes next year won't be an issue if we are stuck with him and we can get draft picks that will help us in the draft next year plus we get to use Peppers this year.

There is absolutely no reason anyone would want him right now, either. If they traded now they would be on the hook for the remainder of the 16 million. If they wait until after the year they can negotiate a long term deal and pay him much less. We still get the draft picks and its all good.

Because the Panthers CAN trade him now. If the Panthers franchise him again, then its up to Pep signing the tender - otherwise they are right back to where they were last offseason. Plus there might be some teams, NOW, that might take a chance thinking Peppers can help them THIS season and therefore give up a 1st or 2nd. If the season plays out Peppers can actually hurt his trade value. Finally, some of us do not want Peppers to get a long term contract - and if they do it will not be cheap because he wants big money.

Can you please show me where you find the information that the team that would accept a trade would have to pay the full amount?

Would it not be minus the 1 mill per game that is already played?

Link?? Proof? I would really like to know.

I mean....does the team taking him now have to pay the whole contract, thus the Panthers getting back said money already paid for games played thus far or what?

:confused:

I wonder if league rules allow the Panthers to still pay a portion of Peppers salary despite playing for SF...or its entirety for the 2010 draft pick. SF gets a free probowl DE for the remainder of the 2009-2010 season for giving up a 1st round pick.

I wonder if league rules allow the Panthers to still pay a portion of Peppers salary despite playing for SF...or its entirety for the 2010 draft pick. SF gets a free probowl DE for the remainder of the 2009-2010 season for giving up a 1st round pick.

I don't think they do allow it but even it they did, it would be plain stupid. Since we will still get a 1st rounder for him after the season, you would have to be Al Davis to give him up now, not get extra compensation and consider paying for him anyway.

Archived