• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a bloo bloo

frash.exe

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Oh, I'm the biggest Cam homer here if you believe some. Meh.

Anyways. Whether we agree in principle or not, the fact is the division is improving around us. We barely squeaked by the joke Bucs to back into the playoffs on top of losing to the Saints 3 times. And our rapidly dwindling future with this core depends on our ability to shift gears a bit. We don't need to pull a full 180 in our philosophy, but we do unequivocally need to adapt better.

Adapt is a great word for us. Something we have failed to do under Shula...and some of that falls on Ron too. Wilks, if he stays, needs to adapt and change a bit as well. I’m tired of DBs 5-7 yards off the ball and sending Lbs on a blitz who need to underneath to help the DBs 5 yards off. Start of the season, we had nice blitzes and Bradberry played more press coverage. He was great at that, then teams caught on changed their gameplan against us and Wilks couldn’t adapt. Part of that is skill/ player issue, but lack of schemes on some occasion is also at fault. 

This offseason will tell a lot. I’ve said before, we need to have a perfect draft and nail skill positions in FA. It is a must we get a wr in FA and grab a stud in the draft (safety, OT or DE)

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

He's clearly Star's replacement if/when he walks. How he makes out in a larger role, we will see this year... I anticipate we won't lose a beat with him instead of Star. Star is a very solid, and important, player but much much easier to replace than a guy like KK. Butler, in his very limited snaps, has shown some huge potential. Will be very interesting to see how he puts it all together this year.

If Star wants too much we can always target Poe or Nagta. You really have to be careful paying too much for a two down DT with no pass rush ability. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

If Star wants too much we can always target Poe or Nagta. You really have to be careful paying too much for a two down DT with no pass rush ability. 

Ngata would be interesting but it seems like if he wants to keep playing he's staying in Detroit from what I've read recently. And Poe will likely cost too much. Most likely scenario I think is going into the season with KK, Butler and Love and possibly a rookie or other lesser known FA.

Archived