• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Unsung Heros. Panthers: Star Lotulelei

JawnyBlaze

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So what is incorrect about the statement that his teams 2013-2017 went to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years? I’ll go get some Q-tips and relax while I wait for you to come up with an actual response with actual answers. 

he wasnt here...

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So he didn’t sign all the FAs and he didn’t run the draft? Hmmm, must have missed that. You continue to hate someone that’s gone, 2017 was DG’s team so he gets credit for this year in my book. At least I’ve moved on.

he gone...at least he has moved on also...

Just now, stbugs said:

He did and I did. You were bashing and I gave you some facts you didn’t like. Simple as that. I want Hurney to succeed because at the end of the day I want us to win. I’m not going to act like DG didn’t do well here either.

no you gave your take...which is fine.. the fact is he was gone... you can have your opinion ...it's not bashing to set the record straight

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ok. I’ll buy that. I’ll give him credit since he was here for 95% of the moves. I’ll give Hurney 5% for trading KB even though I didn’t like it and really think it hurt especially at the end of the year with no WRs. 

ok...feel better ?

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Steve Smith said he planned to retire after the 2014 season and his release re-lit his fire.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steve-smith-was-going-to-retire-after-2014-before-panthers-release/

Probably because GMan was the GM— marty for all his faults is a “family” guy, GMAn is a money ball guy.

Marty would have found a way to extend Jordan Gross, Steve Smith was definitely staying, and Josh Norman. 

The drafts would have been different, better 1st round, probably worst later rounds.

what if Marty doesn’t part with Shockey instead of listening to Ron to bring Tolbert and we make the playoffs in 2012?

marty doesn’t get fired, 2013 is probably similar to what really happened but

2014 and forward are the real question,.. Smith, Deangelo?, Josh Norman? Ted Ginn might not have left at all the whole time?

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Steve Smith said he planned to retire after the 2014 season and his release re-lit his fire.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steve-smith-was-going-to-retire-after-2014-before-panthers-release/

yeah he was going to hang it up after 2014.  all the fan fiction about him singlehandedly winning super bowl 50 for us is a moot point.

11 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Probably because GMan was the GM— marty for all his faults is a “family” guy, GMAn is a money ball guy.

Marty would have found a way to extend Jordan Gross, Steve Smith was definitely staying, and Josh Norman. 

The drafts would have been different, better 1st round, probably worst later rounds.

what if Marty doesn’t part with Shockey instead of listening to Ron to bring Tolbert and we make the playoffs in 2012?

marty doesn’t get fired, 2013 is probably similar to what really happened but

2014 and forward are the real question,.. Smith, Deangelo?, Josh Norman? Ted Ginn might not have left at all the whole time?

Marty sure as hell wasn't getting Carolina out of the cap hell they were in so there wouldn't have been money to retain anyone anyway and Gettleman struck gold with those 2013 free agents and that draft. This type of speculation is pointless.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Marty sure as hell wasn't getting Carolina out of the cap hell they were in so there wouldn't have been money to retain anyone anyway and Gettleman struck gold with those 2013 free agents and that draft. This type of speculation is pointless.

he was good with the famine but no so good with the feast...it's the Buford Pusser syndrome...

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

All of us nobodies posting on chat boards about what a sports team must or must not, should or should not with absolutely no say so or expertise to say so is also “pointless” and probably a waste of lives and productivity,..

but gee, ain’t it fun sometimes or at least a parenthesis in our days?

cheer up 

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

All of us nobodies posting on chat boards about what a sports team must or must not, should or should not with absolutely no say so or expertise to say so is also “pointless” and probably a waste of lives and productivity,..

but gee, ain’t it fun sometimes or at least a parenthesis in our days?

cheer up 

yes it is fun...   

Archived