• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Begin Conducting GM Interviews This Week

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, thomas96 said:

JR's not doing it, he's selling the team.

So, what, this is just Tina Becker making smart decisions?

Come on, man.

We all know that Richardson was going to make Hurney the permanent GM anyway. The fact that he has to sell the team just adds a little additional urgency to it.

And please don't tell me that you think the man who put somebody from the ticket office in charge of pro personnel and promoted a logistics guy to be the last interim GM is someone who should be trusted to make good decisions.

7 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I’m normally one to say stuff like this, but that’s kind of messed up man. Just because she was a cheerleader doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the knowledge to run the team in the interim.

She doesn't, and it has nothing to do with her being a cheerleader or a woman. That's the opinion of people who have worked directly with her.

I labeled that notion as a sexist stereotype too, but I've learned since then that it's actually true.

There are plenty of men who wouldn't be smart enough to do these things either. Unfortunately for us, one of those men is actually in charge.

5 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

When I said a few weeks ago that the new owner or owners were probably already onboard with JR you labeled me a conspiracy theorist or something similar.  I see you are beginning to believe.

Not really. I'm talking about what he will do. Not something that's already done.

11 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

FIFY

I’m normally one to say stuff like this, but that’s kind of messed up man. Just because she was a cheerleader doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the knowledge to run the team in the interim. May not have experience, but a lot of times people don’t have experience and are required to jump in the fire anyway.

Come on man!  Had it been anyone other than JR that made the appointment I might buy that.  But I'm guessing it has more to do with how well she looks in jeans than her football knowledge.  Nothing against her as a woman at all.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Come on man!  Had it been anyone other than JR that made the appointment I might buy that.  But I'm guessing it has more to do with how well she looks in jeans than her football knowledge.  Nothing against her as a woman at all.

Jerry Richardson has a long-standing pattern of appointing people to jobs they're not actually qualified for because they're loyal to him.

See also: Koncz, Mark; Hurney, Marty

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

You and many other here are making stupid assumptions.

Uh huh.

So again, you think the guy who put someone from the ticket office in charge of free agency scouting and put a PR guy in charge of the entire football operation is just trying to make the best decisions?

Yeah, okay.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

She doesn't, and it has nothing to do with her being a cheerleader or a woman. That's the opinion of people who have worked directly with her.

I labeled that notion as a sexist stereotype too, but I've learned since then that it's actually true.

There are plenty of men who wouldn't be smart enough to do these things either. Unfortunately for us, one of those men is actually in charge.

Fair enough. I honestly didn’t know this. Appreciate the correction Mr. Scot. And apologies to @Jon Snow. Wasn’t trying to be accusatory 

3 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Fair enough. I honestly didn’t know this. Appreciate the correction Mr. Scot. And apologies to @Jon Snow. Wasn’t trying to be accusatory 

From what I've read, if a competent football person were to come in and take a look around the Panthers front office, he'd be cleaning house fast.

Gettleman didn't because he didn't want to be that guy who just came in and fired everybody. He should have. I consider that his biggest mistake..

There are reportedly a number of people in there who have been given promotions to jobs they're not qualified for. Why? Because competence isn't what Jerry Richardson values the most. It's loyalty.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read, if a confident football person were to come in and take a look around the Panthers front office, he'd be cleaning house fast.

There are reportedly a number of people in there who have been given promotions to jobs they're not qualified for. Why? Because competence isn't what Jerry Richardson values the most. It's loyalty.

Now you’re making me want to drink lol 

Archived