• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A TE a competent GM might target in FA this offseason

Ricky Spanish

46 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Trey Burton.

The dude is a prime candidate to be a TE 2 with potential to be TE 1 if Olsen retires or gets injured. 

Plus he threw a TD in the super bowl, so he has that going for him too.

@Ace_Aladdin, please change your pants before you respond in this thread.

6’-3” 235 lbs?  I think he is more of a FB/WR than a true TE.

Idk how the FA is gonna go but CAP wise it would be better to address it via draft and get a TE like “Gronk” who can block and catch 

*Inline blocking.

I think it’s more important to extend Norwell & Star before dipping into FA.

2 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

I think it’s more important to extend Norwell & Star before dipping into FA.

you realise if we do this we will be in cap hell? we have multiple needs on this team. if we resign both we can go after nobody in FA. well, we can sign more 33 year olds. 

17 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

you realise if we do this we will be in cap hell? we have multiple needs on this team. if we resign both we can go after nobody in FA. well, we can sign more 33 year olds. 

Not really, Panthers are phasing out old veteran core contracts this season & 19': Kalil - Jstew-Davis-Dickson-Adams-CJ-Gano-Jones-Fozzy-etc.etc This will open up cap space in the upcoming years to take on the roles of the next core players.

Although Norwell & Star are top tier at their position the cost of OGs & NTs is still far less than LT's & 3-tecq DTs. 

CAP is going up 5-10 % , The extra $11 million could be used toward the guarantee portion of the contract.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/13/salary-cap-increase-2018-season

The salary cap next season for the National Football League is expected to be the range of $174 million to $178 million, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Teams were told of the increase before the league's meetings in Dallas. The official salary cap number won't be known until the start of the league year in March.

This year's salary cap was set at $167 million, which was the fourth straight season the cap saw an increase.

The San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts and New York Jets are projected to have the most to spend on free agents next season.

Among the players expected to hit the free agent market are Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Garoppolo, Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford and Seattle Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Over the cap (I think) has his market value as $7M. He’s not worth that and they were pretty close on Short so I think he’ll get close to that. Signing him over Dickson costs us Norwell. No thanks. How’s he going to look with worse WRs and OL blocking?

Ah, never mind then.

Archived