• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Has Been Reinstated

bobsfoodbasics

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Is there anything concrete about that beyond whispers and rumors?

I get it that you're frustrated. Maybe you're too invested, step back a bit. I'm just tired of getting all worked up about things beyond our control. Especially after everything with JR and DG  I just wanna make a run with our core. With a few additions here and there and Ron coaching with some fire for a change, I think we can do that, Hurney or no Hurney. I don't think he's here for the long haul either way. I'm just gonna let it play out.

Yes, there is. Both Towelboy and MHS381 confirmed via separate inside sources that Hurney offered a second, a sixth, and the following year's first round pick to the Rams in an effort to try and trade up for Clausen.

They also revealed that Hurney had a lot of other scatterbrained ideas. Some of them were implemented. Others weren't because the scouts managed to talk him out of them.

Basically, Hurney doesn't have a great football mind, but he thinks he does. The result is a bunch of stupid ideas that somebody continuously has to try and keep him from getting done. For example, sounds like had he gotten his way, we would have been going into next season with Brad Kaaya as our back up.

And while I'm hoping for a decent year next year, I can't say I'm optimistic

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

Can you imagine the wailing and whining if the NFL finds JR not guilty ?

Yeah... Seriously doubt that's gonna happen. My bigger worry is if they find the team guilty of wrongdoing for hiding his non-disclosure agreements, we could lose draft picks.

But as far as what happens to Jerry Richardson from here on out, as long as he's no longer part of the team, I don't give a rat's ass.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, there is. Both Towelboy and MHS381 confirmed via separate inside sources that Hurney offered a second, a sixth, and the following year's first round pick to the Rams in an effort to try and trade up for Clausen.

They also revealed that Hurney had a lot of other scatterbrained ideas. Some of them were implemented. Others weren't because the scouts managed to talk him out of them.

Basically, Hurney doesn't have a great football mind, but he thinks he does. The result is a bunch of stupid ideas that somebody continuously has to try and keep him from getting done. For example, sounds like had he gotten his way, we would have been going into next season with Brad Kaaya as our back up.

And while I'm hoping for a decent year next year, I can't say I'm optimistic

CJe5n-0UkAAz3aF.jpg

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Statement from Marty Hurney's attorney, Kathleen Lucchesi, after the NFL ruled there was no evidence that the Panthers interim GM harassed his ex-wife: "It's been a very long two weeks for Marty and his family. In this digital age, it's nearly impossible to overcome suspicion, defend yourself, and clear your name once the court of public opinion gets a hold of a false narrative. The public scrutiny can be devastating and unrelenting. In this case, it was also unnecessary. "Words cannot express how thankful Marty is for the love and unwavering support of his family. He is grateful to the NFL for conducting a thorough investigation. He is also grateful for the continued confidence and support of the Panthers organization. Marty is looking forward to getting back to the work of building a strong and successful Panthers team for the 2018 season."

Archived